• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delaying DFR, possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angler911

I've read other posts here, and it seems that one usually gets DFR after 30-60 days. I've called the Deserter Hotline and I still havn't been dropped and it's been over 2 months. I was wondering if there's anything that would delay or stop them from dropping me. I was a little over a month into AIT when I left, and I was a hold-under because of emergency leave. Any advice would be appreciated.

T

thepizzaguy

Angler911 said:
I've read other posts here, and it seems that one usually gets DFR after 30-60 days. I've called the Deserter Hotline and I still havn't been dropped and it's been over 2 months. I was wondering if there's anything that would delay or stop them from dropping me. I was a little over a month into AIT when I left, and I was a hold-under because of emergency leave. Any advice would be appreciated.
they will catch up to you eventually. Be pro-active and turn yourself in as soon as possible. It always goes better for an AWOL to turn themselves in vs being apprehended.

Paperwork slow downs happen everwhere don't think you have been forgotten. THEY NEVER FORGET. good luck

Angler911

I've been planning to turn myself in, I'm really anxious to get it done and over with. It's ironic...I'm AWOL yet I'm still being subjected to the "Hurry Up and Wait" that is todays Army.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">