• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharge from army reserves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StevenSmith

(I live in Maine)
I really need some information so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the army reserves and am a 88M. I wanted to be 31b but on the advice of my recruiter to go 88M then transfer to 31b before AIT I signed for that job. Well through basic I really looked at what I was doing and I decided I didn't want to stay in for many different reasons. When I got back after basic I had a meeting with the CO at my unit training. I told him how I felt and said I wanted to get out, he told me if I skipped enough monthly trainings that I would be discharged. Well thats what I did, he sent the discharge papers, I filled them out, and mailed them back to the CO and to an address somewhere out west. Well I haven't heard anything in about 4 months or more. My AIT date is next month, and I have college next fall but I won't get back in time from AIT. So I was wondering if it is possible that they could still keep you in even if you skip trainings for a year and have had discharged papers filed from your CO? Thanks for any help or advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">