• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DO I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

USNavyDoc8404

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.

I have had 2 vehicles repossed from me while I was stationed in Okinawa, JP. Im active duty military. Im protected under the soldiers and sailors relief act. The banks have sent me 2 seperate checks for what I have paid, but Im not happy with that. I never agreed on a settlement nor did I sign anything agreeing not to pursue for further damages. Do I have a case?

justalayman

are you out any money? Was the banks involved aware you were on active duty service? Did they know you were even in the military at all?

USNavyDoc8404

are you out any money? Was the banks involved aware you were on active duty service? Did they know you were even in the military at all?
Yes they knew, They said I was late and missed payments put intrest was locked at 6.6%(because I never missed any and they couldnt charge me more per the law) the limit which this act sets as the max we can get. I am out money for parts and labor, pain and suffering,and also it was on my credit for over a year, I also was told the motorcycle was wrecked by the repo guy. I asked for police reports and phots but never provided any.

justalayman

pain and suffering? because they repo'd your cars? You do not understand pain and suffering apparently.

It simply sounds like you want to screw them over if you can. Sorry but I cannot help. Stick around for anybody else that cares to assist.

USNavyDoc8404

Or mental angquish.. Im a medical prof. not a lawyer... Screw them?? Yes.. I do.. for all the crap they have pulled on me. I couldnt get financed for a house or a car because of this. Well the jag on base said I had a case, Im just looking for a lawyer to help. Thats all. Thanks for your amazing input.

justalayman

this is not a lawyer referral service. Have you tried the phone book?

and if you are going to do anything, given the fact it is at least a year ago, I suspect you had better hurry.

Proserpina

Or mental angquish.. Im a medical prof. not a lawyer... Screw them?? Yes.. I do.. for all the crap they have pulled on me. I couldnt get financed for a house or a car because of this. Well the jag on base said I had a case, Im just looking for a lawyer to help. Thats all. Thanks for your amazing input.

Did you actually invoke SSCRA?

It's not automatic....

I see no case for mental anguish, IED or anything else of that nature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">