• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic abuse.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brianna705

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

i need domestic violence charges dropped against my boyfriend. we got into a fight and he has never hit me and it just got brutal due to some information that he found out from the past. i dont want to press charges and i am willing to go to any lengths to get him found innocent

st-kitts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

i need domestic violence charges dropped against my boyfriend. we got into a fight and he has never hit me and it just got brutal due to some information that he found out from the past. i dont want to press charges and i am willing to go to any lengths to get him found innocent
The victim does not have the ability to press charges or drop charges in domestic violence cases. Keep in mind that he is accountable for his actions and covering for him now teaches him both that his behavior was justified and teaches him that you will protect him from future consequences when (not if) the behavior happens again.

If you want to help him get him an attorney. Expect your own credibilty to be destroyed in the process and expect it to be harder to get help the next time the behavior occurs.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">