• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving privilages being revoked for a year on base due to reckless driving off base

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

futureO2225

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

Yes can the military take my brothers driving privilages away for a year if he was convicted of reckless driving in Va. The story is that he went to court with a DUI charge but the charge was changed to reckless driving. His license was then suspened for 6 months and he had to pay a fine of 600 dollars. So then then his command had him sign a page 13 for reckless driving.
Then about three months later a new commanding officer comes on board and tells him that he can not drive on the base for one year from the date of the sentenceing. My question is this double jepordy or can the CO do what ever he wants since it's a privilage to drive on a military base?

BelizeBreeze

No, it is not double jeopardy. Driving on a U.S. installation is a priviledge NOT a right. He's lucky he didn't get an ARTICLE 13 with disciplinary actions and forfeiture of pay.

HomeGuru

futureO2225 said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia

Yes can the military take my brothers driving privilages away for a year if he was convicted of reckless driving in Va. The story is that he went to court with a DUI charge but the charge was changed to reckless driving. His license was then suspened for 6 months and he had to pay a fine of 600 dollars. So then then his command had him sign a page 13 for reckless driving.
Then about three months later a new commanding officer comes on board and tells him that he can not drive on the base for one year from the date of the sentenceing. My question is this double jepordy or can the CO do what ever he wants since it's a privilage to drive on a military base?

**A: wow, why dey do dat? He make a bad ass tank driver.

VR_Hunter

BelizeBreeze said:
No, it is not double jeopardy. Driving on a U.S. installation is a priviledge NOT a right. He's lucky he didn't get an ARTICLE 13 with disciplinary actions and forfeiture of pay.
You are correct, except, do you mean ARTICLE 15? Or am I missing something?

VR_Hunter

BelizeBreeze said:
It's been 31 years.....
I wasn't being critical. I was just asking. I thought maybe it was a service specific thing. I definately do NOT know everything. Almost everything, but not everything. ;)

BelizeBreeze

Not a problem. I have brain farts now and then...I think it comes from stepping off the C-130 in Phang Rang two weeks after my 17th birthday. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">