• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI in the military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lebiram

Texas... I am a SFC and I have over 12 years of military service (ARMY); I was arrested on December 30th after I was involved in a car accident and I called the police to get the police report. Before this instance I have never been in trouble with the military and/or civilian sector. My civilian court precedings haven't started yet, but my chain of command has already given me a General Officer Letter of Reprimand which is getting filled in my OMPF and I'm getting a Relief For Cause NCOER with a Marginal and a 5/5. My question is if I should sign the NCOER even though, I understand that my behavior has to be punished, but I think that those ratings are a little bit to excessive. I have never been in trouble in the military other than few negative counseling statements when I was a young private for being late. I just need some advice, please help me

Last edited:

ERAUPIKE

Texas... I am a SFC and I have over 12 years of military service (ARMY); I was arrested on December 30th after I was involved in a car accident and I called the police to get the police report. Before this instance I have never been in trouble with the military and/or civilian sector. My civilian court precedings haven\'t started yet, but my chain of command has already given me a General Officer Letter of Reprimand which is getting filled in my OMPF and I\'m getting a Relief For Cause NCOER with a Marginal and a 5/5. My question is if I should sign the NCOER even though, I understand that my behavior has to be punished, but I think that those ratings are a little bit to excessive. I have never been in trouble in the military other than few negative counseling statements when I was a young private for being late. I just need some advice, please help me
What would your reaction be if you were punishing one of your privates and they refused to accept the punishment you deemed fit because they believed it was \"a little bit too excessive?\"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">