• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex husband cheating govt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katie07

Ms
My ex husband taught to get substantial visitation so he could get BAH. The only things he doesn't get 6 months consecutively. He has every weekend and spring break and summers. He lives 1200 miles away so can't exercise the agreement. Can he get the bah?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

Ms
My ex husband taught to get substantial visitation so he could get BAH. The only things he doesn't get 6 months consecutively. He has every weekend and spring break and summers. He lives 1200 miles away so can't exercise the agreement. Can he get the bah?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
He may be cheating, but its really none of your business.

LillianX

Lady, are seriously so bitter that you are concerning yourself with your ex-husband's housing allowance? It has absolutely NOTHING to do with you, and is NONE of your business. Get help.

mrs.army

Lots of ways to get BAH

There are many ways someone can get BAH while in the military.

First and foremost is rank; certain rank gets you BAH where you are not required to stay in the barracks (usually an officer or E5 and above).

Then comes into question dependents; from my recollection, a soldier can get BAH when they have dependents, whether they are the primary or secondary custodian. I know there's something that states whether they get full or partial based on certain stipulations, but I don't want to say something a be wrong about it.

Anyway, it is possible that he is authorized to be getting BAH and is not commiting fraud against the government...and that amount would have been included into his income when any child support worksheet was drawn up, unless it was done before he started receiving BAH.

LillianX

There are many ways someone can get BAH while in the military.

First and foremost is rank; certain rank gets you BAH where you are not required to stay in the barracks (usually an officer or E5 and above).

Then comes into question dependents; from my recollection, a soldier can get BAH when they have dependents, whether they are the primary or secondary custodian. I know there's something that states whether they get full or partial based on certain stipulations, but I don't want to say something a be wrong about it.

Anyway, it is possible that he is authorized to be getting BAH and is not commiting fraud against the government...and that amount would have been included into his income when any child support worksheet was drawn up, unless it was done before he started receiving BAH.
For the record, this varies depending on not only the branch of the military someone is serving in, but even the duty station to which they have been assigned. Certain in -demand MOS's even get higher or more flexible access to allowances.

Your never going to be happy if you keep after your ex husband! Never!
His BAH is his business but if he is telling you he is cheating his allowance and you can't see how hurting him will hurt your kids, then call his command and tell them. Call the PMO (POLICE) on base and file a complaint.

FYI he will get caught on his own there is no need for you to be the one who destroys your kid's father. Try just tending to your own garden.

Good luck with all that, I think.:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">