• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed Urinalysis for current prescription; Classified access suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
That preview button tends to eat posts. Please try again.

And a question - did you notify the doctor/lab that you were taking the medication which caused you to fail the urinalysis? Were you failed for having it in your system, or for having TOO MUCH of it in your system?

jjholmq

I will try to post this again.

I am a reservist, currently on ADOS orders. I took a urinalysis in April, and failed it for hydrocodone. I had a current prescription for it, that I thought I already turned into the clinic, which wouldn't have been surprising for it to get misplaced, but I have no proof that I turned it in. I was able to provide proof of the prescription, and it was cleared by the Doctor and my unit. Now it is sitting on the adjudicator's desk, and I was told it could take 2 days or it could take 6 months to a year. My problem is that I work in a job that requires a Top Secret Clearance, and my access got suspended before I even had the chance to plead my case. My orders are up on 30 September, and I will have no job. I had a really great job offer with a government contractor company, doing intel work, but since my access has been suspended, and there is no set date of resolution, they had to pass me up. I have informed my ADC, and my unit, and my ADC has tried to talk to my unit, but nobody can do anything. I had not failed for too much of a prescription in my system, I had taken the medicine as prescribed. I feel like because they are taking their time with this, I have missed out on an awesome job. A colleague of mine recommended I go to the IG, which I am hesitant about, because I don't know if they handle these types of cases. I feel like I have been considered guilty before I had a chance to present my case. Is there anything I can do? Is there any suggestion? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I am a reservist, currently on ADOS orders. I took a urinalysis in April, and failed it for hydrocodone. I had a current prescription for it, that I thought I already turned into the clinic, which wouldn't have been surprising for it to get misplaced, but I have no proof that I turned it in. I was able to provide proof of the prescription, and it was cleared by the Doctor and my unit. Now it is sitting on the adjudicator's desk, and I was told it could take 2 days or it could take 6 months to a year. My problem is that I work in a job that requires a Top Secret Clearance, and my access got suspended before I even had the chance to plead my case. My orders are up on 30 September, and I will have no job. I had a really great job offer with a government contractor company, doing intel work, but since my access has been suspended, and there is no set date of resolution, they had to pass me up. I have informed my ADC, and my unit, and my ADC has tried to talk to my unit, but nobody can do anything. I had not failed for too much of a prescription in my system, I had taken the medicine as prescribed. I feel like because they are taking their time with this, I have missed out on an awesome job. A colleague of mine recommended I go to the IG, which I am hesitant about, because I don't know if they handle these types of cases. I feel like I have been considered guilty before I had a chance to present my case. Is there anything I can do? Is there any suggestion? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
I think calling IG is a good plan. What's the worse that could happen? If they don't handle this type of situation (and I believe they would), there's no harm in asking them. You could also call the nearest installation's Trial Defense Services* and run it by them.

*The Army calls it TDS, not sure about the other branches but they each have something similar.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">