• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to report Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zahala

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx

My ex husband is stationed overseas in Germany with the Air Force. While we were married, he received BAH with dependents. We divorced two years ago and I assumed he notified all the proper channels so that I would be taken out of DEERS, no longer qualify for TriCare, and he would no longer receive extra money for being married with dependents.

I just received a letter in the mail stating my eligibility for TriCare. I called the number on the form and spoke with a lady that confirmed I'm still in the system as married and I still have TriCare. So my ex husband has not notified the military that we are divorced. He's still collecting married rate BAH, I'm assuming. How do I go about notifying his command that he hasn't reported the divorce? I need to be taking out of DEERS and TriCare, and whatever else I'm in as being married to him. Thanks!

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx

My ex husband is stationed overseas in Germany with the Air Force. While we were married, he received BAH with dependents. We divorced two years ago and I assumed he notified all the proper channels so that I would be taken out of DEERS, no longer qualify for TriCare, and he would no longer receive extra money for being married with dependents.

I just received a letter in the mail stating my eligibility for TriCare. I called the number on the form and spoke with a lady that confirmed I'm still in the system as married and I still have TriCare. So my ex husband has not notified the military that we are divorced. He's still collecting married rate BAH, I'm assuming. How do I go about notifying his command that he hasn't reported the divorce? I need to be taking out of DEERS and TriCare, and whatever else I'm in as being married to him. Thanks!
Since this is possibly Fraud, Waste or Abuse (FWA) you can file a complaint with the Air Force's Inspector General's office:

http://www.af.mil/InspectorGeneralComplaints.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">