• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frat?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kb0319

I had a sexual relationship with an enlisted marine over a year ago. It ended as quickly as it started. He decided to come clean about it to his CO recently. Now I'm worried about my commission. He's not telling them my name, but I'm still going crazy worried that I'm going to get called into my CO's office and asked about it.

Any ideas on my options?

kb0319

No, not that it would matter. I'm a girl. The problem comes that I've already signed my contract for 5 years after commission from a service academy.

Just Blue

No, not that it would matter. I'm a girl. The problem comes that I've already signed my contract for 5 years after commission from a service academy.
The only thing I could advise is to discuss this with JAG. But please do not do so untill one of the Military Experts respond to your thread...OR you seek legal advice outside of JAG.

Good luck
Blue

kb0319

Thanks for the sarcasm. I would do anything to take back what happened. One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.

But thanks for helping. Your comment made me feel so much better about the mistake I made. :(

ahnvil

Since, as a cadet, you in fact hold no rank and are junior to the most junior recruit. I wouldn't worry about it. You're a civilian until you give the oath of service and receive your commission. He can give your name and his command can't really do anything about it, signed contract or not.

As for the above comments, your situation is not unique. I've got plenty of notches in my midship belt. Attraction is what it is, you recognized that the relationship couldn't continue and took appropriate action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">