• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Enlistment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deadhawk31

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

In 2010 I changed branches from the Army National Guard to the Air National Guard. I had previously spent just over 4 years on the Army side of things before changing branches. I never went back to MEPS. During my time in the Air Guard I went to my local VA hospital and spent twelve days inpatient for PTSD treatment. When I switched branches I disclosed to the recruiter about seeing doctors at the VA to service related medical problems with no issue in changing branches. After my stay in the VA, I spoke to my 1Sgt about my medical issues, and on my doctors' recommendation I appealed to get medically separated from service. I was told then I needed to get my medical paperwork to the headquarters for medical review, at which time to not attend drills or contact the unit, they would contact me. I did not receive any communications from the unit at all. I received my discharge papers in Dec of 2012, just over a year after being told to stay off until I was contacted. My discharge is a General Under Honorable Fraudulent Enlistment. I was under the impression that discharge papers needed to be signed by the service member being discharged. I am currently receiving disability from the VA. Is there anything I can do to change this discharge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">