• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent enlistment case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhm80

My branch of service is in the Navy. I am 26 yrs old and will be in a year in Sept. I was last treated for asthma back in 2001 which would have made me 20. I know now that I wasn't eligible to enlist because it was after 13 yrs of age. I am currently having problems with it again. The recruiter told me to make sure I put no down on everything, because I hadn't had problems with it in a while, but I know there is no way of proving that. I have had a clean service record, and my intentions were good when I joined. I know I will get Mast. Will this result in a court marshall? Aren't those rare in medical fraudlent enlistment cases? I know there will be a lot of yelling and what not. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

PJ Weber

How does the military know that you had previous problems (prior enlistment) with asthma?
Because they can check any and all records available

I would expect a discharge for fraudulent enlistment as the
person lied about the asthma

Probably a Other than Honorable discharge in lieu of court martial

Last edited:

DRTDEVL

Because they can check any and all records available

I would expect a discharge for fraudulent enlistment as the
person lied about the asthma

Probably a Other than Honorable discharge in lieu of court martial
*Can* and *will* are two entirely different things.

They will not look back, as there is not real trail to follow. They don't know where you were treated, who treated you, when the treatment took place, how long your were treated, or what your long term prognosis was.

At the risk of giving more potentially unethical advice, ZIP IT!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">