• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General discharge after already receiving honorable discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madneo17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I'm wondering how I will be affected by a "general" or "other than honorable" discharge even though I already have an honorable discharge from prior service? I served four years active duty in the US Army and received an honorable discharge last year. I am now in the army reserves and have been informed that I tested positive for THC in a recent urinalysis. I haven't met with the commander yet, but with the current military climate I may receive a "general" or "other than honorable" discharge from the reserves. I am already using the Montgomery GI Bill. Since I already have an honorable discharge from my four years of active duty, will my VA benefits, all of my benefits not just educational benefits, be affected? If they are, is there any way to contest?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I'm wondering how I will be affected by a "general" or "other than honorable" discharge even though I already have an honorable discharge from prior service? I served four years active duty in the US Army and received an honorable discharge last year. I am now in the army reserves and have been informed that I tested positive for THC in a recent urinalysis. I haven't met with the commander yet, but with the current military climate I may receive a "general" or "other than honorable" discharge from the reserves. I am already using the Montgomery GI Bill. Since I already have an honorable discharge from my four years of active duty, will my VA benefits, all of my benefits not just educational benefits, be affected? If they are, is there any way to contest?
No, your benefits will not be affected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">