• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a failure to adapt discharge after 15 months in the army.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PFCRUSTY

I was recently told DURING a "fit for duty/ fit for trial" evaluation, that i would "probably receive a failure to adapt discharge", and that the discharge would be "honorable". I have been in the military for around 15 months and explained in detail my ENTIRE situation to the LTC that was conducting my eval. I explained to him the list of things that have happened here, where I am stationed, that I and my family feel strongly were wrongful and abusive events. These events include continued harassment/ scrutinization for seeking help for drug use, high levels of stress, depression, and motor ticks, and what was later diagnosed as ADHD, OCD, motor tick disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and panic symptoms by a doctor at behavioral health, and multiple assaults (including an assault which was conducted on a ruck march by many of the members of my platoon, while leaders stood by and did nothing). I am very confused as to what the officer meant when he said i would get a failure to adapt discharge and that it would be honorable. The only things i can find online about this sort of discharge involve ELS, or entry level separation. This obviously isn't entry level separation and I am wondering how likely it is that this discharge will actually be "honorable" or whether I should somehow fight it because I truly believe the medical problems which are seemingly only getting worse, were at least in part caused by mis-conduct on the part of my leadership, and other soldiers in my unit. Any help or discussion on this topic would be greatly appreciated, as I am going through this currently.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Haydes

I was recently told DURING a "fit for duty/ fit for trial" evaluation, that i would "probably receive a failure to adapt discharge", and that the discharge would be "honorable". I have been in the military for around 15 months and explained in detail my ENTIRE situation to the LTC that was conducting my eval. I explained to him the list of things that have happened here, where I am stationed, that I and my family feel strongly were wrongful and abusive events. These events include continued harassment/ scrutinization for seeking help for drug use, high levels of stress, depression, and motor ticks, and what was later diagnosed as ADHD, OCD, motor tick disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and panic symptoms by a doctor at behavioral health, and multiple assaults (including an assault which was conducted on a ruck march by many of the members of my platoon, while leaders stood by and did nothing). I am very confused as to what the officer meant when he said i would get a failure to adapt discharge and that it would be honorable. The only things i can find online about this sort of discharge involve ELS, or entry level separation. This obviously isn't entry level separation and I am wondering how likely it is that this discharge will actually be "honorable" or whether I should somehow fight it because I truly believe the medical problems which are seemingly only getting worse, were at least in part caused by mis-conduct on the part of my leadership, and other soldiers in my unit. Any help or discussion on this topic would be greatly appreciated, as I am going through this currently.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Just ask your superiors, no harm done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">