• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Financials For Retired Navy ex husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlcollbran

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex husband was active duty Navy for 14 years, then retired on disability. His child support payments ceased 10 months ago when this transition happened without any prior warning. He is now trying to modify his child support payments while being in arrears almost $7,000. He is openly lying on his financials as I have input his information into military calculators to find out what he is actually getting paid. Is there a way that I can request, as his former spouse, copies of his prior LES's and current income through Veterans Affairs to prove that he is lying?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex husband was active duty Navy for 14 years, then retired on disability. His child support payments ceased 10 months ago when this transition happened without any prior warning. He is now trying to modify his child support payments while being in arrears almost $7,000. He is openly lying on his financials as I have input his information into military calculators to find out what he is actually getting paid. Is there a way that I can request, as his former spouse, copies of his prior LES's and current income through Veterans Affairs to prove that he is lying?
Your attorney can subpoena those records. However, chances are his retirement income is far less than his income while he was active duty. What "military calculators" are you using to determine his income? Do you know his disability rating from the Navy? Do you know his rating from the VA? You'd need to know all of those to use any calculator

LdiJ

Your attorney can subpoena those records. However, chances are his retirement income is far less than his income while he was active duty. What "military calculators" are you using to determine his income? Do you know his disability rating from the Navy? Do you know his rating from the VA? You'd need to know all of those to use any calculator
Apparently he is getting disability income as opposed to retirement income. That sometimes tends to be higher than regular retirement.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Apparently he is getting disability income as opposed to retirement income. That sometimes tends to be higher than regular retirement.
He could be getting disability, he could be getting retirement, he could be getting both. But unless she knows for sure what his rating is (and whether he retired or simply ETSd), she has no idea what his income is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">