• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xombie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'm currently stationed in Ft. Drum, NY. I have wanted to get out of the Army for sometime now. I was just slowly growing tried of the bull**** and mundane stupidity of Army life. Finally I have just grown tired of it and decided I wanted to get out. So I went to my chain of command and told them I wanted out of the army and what I had to do in order to make it happen. They told me they would not let me out of the army, and I told them I could not take this anymore. They told me they would not let me go and I had no choice but to stay in. So I took it into my own hands and stopped doing things. Basically ended up with multiple counseling statements (negative), 2 Article 15's on the way, and have started my Chapter packet (Physical and stuff).

My 1st SGT pulled me into the office and chewed me out, which I am fine with. He then told me that I will not get out of the army anytime soon and he will only take my money and make my like hell until my contract is up. That is just overall bad for me and my mental health. People are calling me pussy, bitch, and all that other ****. That doesn't phase me, it's just the fact I cannot deal with this army life any longer. I fear I am going to snap soon with all this bull****.

My question is, how can I get out of here? They have a Chapter packet and everything they need, but they will not push me out because I want to get out. I just need to know what I can do to get out of here. I don't care what kind of Discharge I get, I just need out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
~Xombie

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I\\\'m currently stationed in Ft. Drum, NY. I have wanted to get out of the Army for sometime now. I was just slowly growing tried of the bull**** and mundane stupidity of Army life. Finally I have just grown tired of it and decided I wanted to get out. So I went to my chain of command and told them I wanted out of the army and what I had to do in order to make it happen. They told me they would not let me out of the army, and I told them I could not take this anymore. They told me they would not let me go and I had no choice but to stay in. So I took it into my own hands and stopped doing things. Basically ended up with multiple counseling statements (negative), 2 Article 15\\\'s on the way, and have started my Chapter packet (Physical and stuff).

My 1st SGT pulled me into the office and chewed me out, which I am fine with. He then told me that I will not get out of the army anytime soon and he will only take my money and make my like hell until my contract is up. That is just overall bad for me and my mental health. People are calling me pussy, bitch, and all that other ****. That doesn\\\'t phase me, it\\\'s just the fact I cannot deal with this army life any longer. I fear I am going to snap soon with all this bull****.

My question is, how can I get out of here? They have a Chapter packet and everything they need, but they will not push me out because I want to get out. I just need to know what I can do to get out of here. I don\\\'t care what kind of Discharge I get, I just need out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
~Xombie
You really don\'t have any legal remedy to this self induced problem.

If you are bored then you could volunteer to spend some time out in the Sangin province of Afghanistan. I am sure fire fights, the Sangin sniper, IED\'s, and suicide bombers will keep things interesting for you. You will regret this decision some day soon. Shape up and finish out your contract.

Last edited:

cyjeff

Not to mention getting a job on the outside...what are you going to tell an interviewer when they ask why you were discharged?

"well, I was bored and so I intentionally screwed up until they discharged me... even though I knew it was an OTH discharge... but I was REALLY bored and tired of the crap."

"So," the interviewer says, "can we expect the same level of professional demeanor when you get bored HERE? NEXT!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">