• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to Fort Sill PCF after being picked up by civilian police.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

banshee1123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

So about 3 years ago i went AWOL from basic training while on Christmas break and never returned since. So yesterday I was stopped by a highway patrol and they ran my name which showed that I was a deserter from the Army National Guard. They arrested me and took me to county jail. The jail called Fort Sill and I spoke with somebody there. He told me he was going to get me released from county same day and that I have until the 12th to come to Fort Sill. He said that I would be in PCF for a week so that I can officially be out of the Army. They released me from county a few hours later and im going up to Fort Sill on Thursday.

What can I expect when I get there? Am I really going to get released or will I have to do basic again or will I be in jail?

Thanks You.

OHRoadwarrior

They have not been beating people up over falling down. You should not be tied up long. The after effects will haunt you periodically the rest of your life.

OHRoadwarrior

They have not been beating people up over falling down. You should not be tied up long. The after effects will haunt you periodically the rest of your life.
Since the service has been trying to get rid of people, they are not dragging everyone to Leavenworth to make them pay for screwing up. They generally do a simple dishonorable and send you packing. The dishonorable CAN come back to haunt you job wise, for the rest of your life.

ERAUPIKE

Since the service has been trying to get rid of people, they are not dragging everyone to Leavenworth to make them pay for screwing up. They generally do a simple dishonorable and send you packing. The dishonorable CAN come back to haunt you job wise, for the rest of your life.
This isn't accurate. The majority of people sent home after being discharged at Ft. Sill will not receive a Dishonorable discharge. The more likely category of discharge will be an Other than Honorable or General Discharge that will preclude them from using VA benefits for education or purchasing a home.

milmom

This isn't accurate. The majority of people sent home after being discharged at Ft. Sill will not receive a Dishonorable discharge. The more likely category of discharge will be an Other than Honorable or General Discharge that will preclude them from using VA benefits for education or purchasing a home.
This senior is dead on, you can't receive a dishonorable without going through courts martial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">