• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panther_77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hello, I am trying to find out what kind of counselor I need to speak to at my local VA. I am in the process of trying to get my RE-3 changed so I can get back in the Army. I have an Honorable discharge, which was a medical discharge, but never went in front of the medical board. I have recently gone through all of my paperwork and have found several of my discharge papers that I never signed nor initialed. These were papers that had arrows for me to sign, but I didn't. Is there some kind of loop hole that I can use to get the waiver that I need to get back in. I have been trying to get back in for a while now and I don't know who I need to talk to to get my questions answered. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hello, I am trying to find out what kind of counselor I need to speak to at my local VA. I am in the process of trying to get my RE-3 changed so I can get back in the Army. I have an Honorable discharge, which was a medical discharge, but never went in front of the medical board. I have recently gone through all of my paperwork and have found several of my discharge papers that I never signed nor initialed. These were papers that had arrows for me to sign, but I didn't. Is there some kind of loop hole that I can use to get the waiver that I need to get back in. I have been trying to get back in for a while now and I don't know who I need to talk to to get my questions answered. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
You cannot change an RE code.

panther_77

Ok, and my question was not answered. What kind of counselor do I need to speak to about getting the waiver that I need to get back in? I do know that the RE-3 is waiverable

panther_77

I don't have it in front of me, but it was basically adjustment disorder. I have been seen by a civilian Dr., and was evaluated and he found nothing wrong. He was a retired Marine and he wrote a letter stating that there were absolutely no signs of any kind of an adjustment disorder. And also, does me not signing certain discharge papers not give me some kind of loop hole to get my waiver?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'll betcha that the gov't has all the signatures they need.

When you spoke with a recruiter about obtaining a waiver, what advice were you given?

ETA: Please have all of your paperwork before continuing. If you can't even answer the question about the reason for the RE-3, then you don't have enough information to even ask the right questions.

panther_77

I have the papers that were supposed to be signed and initialed that still have the "sign here" tabs on them. The discharge was AR 635-200 Chapter 5-17. Does that help any? I'm just really trying to get back in and am getting the run around. All the people I have talked to have told me I needed a waiver

ShyCat

So you have evidence that you cannot follow even basic instructions (such as, "Sign here") and yet you believe any military branch would want you back? :rolleyes:

Apparently there are procedures in place to discharge uncooperative members who might think they can avoid discharge by refusing to sign anything.

Last edited:

panther_77

WOW....such wonderful advice. You are so full of yourself. You know absolutely nothing. And to sit there and throw judgement like that, Yep, that's the kind of advice that is so helpful. You have absolutely no clue what was going on when I was discharged, but yet you THINK you know everything. Now I know why this "advice" forum is looked down upon so badly. I should've listened to all the reviews I've read. Thank you to the ones that actually responded with anything that was useful

panther_77

That had not one ounce of truth in it. You are just one of those sad people that feel the need to down talk other people. Nice try though.

OHRoadwarrior

Contrary to your wishes, the armed forces do not generally allow you to keep trying, until you get it right. There are enough voluntary enrollees, who succeed in training. They do not actively re-recruit, regardless of whether you think you will make it this time, because you couldn't find a job outside.

ERAUPIKE

Ok, and my question was not answered. What kind of counselor do I need to speak to about getting the waiver that I need to get back in? I do know that the RE-3 is waiverable
Your question was answered. This is a new question. The waiver will not be from the Department of Veterans Affairs, it would come from a DoD entity. The recruiters, who are more familiar with your case and what paperwork you need can likely point you in the right direction. You may want to put your attitude in check before you speak with anyone else you want help from.

panther_77

First of all I did not have an attitude until some of the people on here decided to be snarky and rude. I do have a job "on the outside". Me wanting back in has absolutely nothing to do with not bein able to make it. I know very well how to speak to people of importance. That should tell you something :rolleyes:

OHRoadwarrior

Contrary to your wishes, the armed forces do not generally allow you to keep trying, until you get it right. There are enough voluntary enrollees, who succeed in training. They do not actively re-recruit, regardless of whether you think you will make it this time. Feel better now? Contact a recruiter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">