• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help...tx national guard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

princess23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tx

I just finished 4 years of active duty and as i was outprocessing going into irr the recruiter wouldnt sign my paper work so i signed up for national guard. I don't want to go and I am supposed to report tomorrow. I am not mos qualified. Will i be counted as awol or will they switch me back to irr? I need advice and I dont know who else to ask.

PJ Weber

I just finished 4 years of active duty and as i was outprocessing going into irr the recruiter wouldnt sign my paper work so i signed up for national guard
Doesn't make sense for the following reasons - -

What does a recruiter have to do with outprocessing into the IRR?

Why does the recruiter have to sign anything if you're going into IRR?

I am not mos qualified
You spent four years active and are not MOS qualified?

princess23

first off...when you outprocess you have to clear the installation at that time you get paper work that has to be signed off by different agencies ie cif, provost marshall, recruiter, ect. It was then i had to go talk to her. I was a dumbass all I wanted to do was clear and get the hell out of there.

I am MOS qualified as something else. My job does not allow for their to be positions so I had to choose a totally different job. I was told I had to go through AIT again to retrain for the new MOS.

The story still does not make any sense. The recruiter cannot prevent you from going to the IRR. It was obviously your choice for whatever reason to join the NG and you actually have to take a separate oath to the State you joined in as well as.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">