• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to upgrade a discharge???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cruiser28613

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

My name is Adam and I have been out of the Air Force for a little over a year now. The civilian life is o.k. but not that great. I have a discharge under honorable conditions and I was told by seperations that since my ASFAB scores were so high (96) and that my previous job was undermanned and in high demand that I could have my discharge upgraded and re-enlist. My question is how would one go about getting a discharge upgraged to honorable and would the other branches still recognize it as being honorable. Thanks for any input. ~Adam

T

thepizzaguy

You will need to get your military records first. then you will need to file a dd293 request for upgrade. The thing is you really need to attach documents and support you request, go to the hearing, and get a lawyer if you can afford one Don't just fill out the form and expect an upgrade. These things are not "automatic" as a lot of people think. Here is a link to a very useful article on the subject http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/ht/dischargeupgrad.htm

Good luck

mh34

Upgrade

cruiser28613 said:

My name is Adam and I have been out of the Air Force for a little over a year now. The civilian life is o.k. but not that great. I have a discharge under honorable conditions and I was told by seperations that since my ASFAB scores were so high (96) and that my previous job was undermanned and in high demand that I could have my discharge upgraded and re-enlist. My question is how would one go about getting a discharge upgraged to honorable and would the other branches still recognize it as being honorable. Thanks for any input. ~Adam

Just go to your local recruiters office and they can get the paper work together and started for you. It really depends on the Rentry code (RE-?) you received on your DD214 when you got out. I wouldn't set your heart on the Air Force because they are downsizing and the airmen are transferring into the Army.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

This is the type of "family" that Adam has . . . .

cruiser28613 said:

cruiser28613
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2005

Multiple charges (misdemeanors and felonies)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? NC

Our son has the following charges against him: 1. misdemeanor poss. drug paraphernalia 2. misdemeanor poss. stolen goods/property 3. Felony breaking & entering, felony larceny after B&E, felony poss. of stolen goods 4. felony possession of stolen firearm.

His attorney was working with the DA to get some of the charges reduced or dropped. Then, he was driving a SUV from which 2 shots were fired from a shotgun at a county deputy's home. His friend fired the shots. (This friend is same individual that was with him when the 1st four offenses occured.) He is now charged with 2 felony counts of discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling.
Now I understand why you're so bitter. Do you sincerely believe there's any help for your son? I think you better get familiar with "visiting hours" for the next 10 to 15 years. You have yourself, and your son, to blame - - you stupid piece of trailer trash!

IAAL

DRTDEVL

You would think that someone who claims to have a high ASVAB score could spell ASVAB, relevance, etc.

What was the reason for discharge, and what is your RE-Code? Don't pussyfoot around the answer. Say what you were charged with, and the outcome. You don't get out on a general discharge without some sort of administrative hearing (at the minimum) or NJP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">