• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am a Deserter with a misdemeanor and want to turn myself in at Ft sill .?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edwardstylus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

HI Please Please dont start negative Comments . I would really appreciate any help that could be given to me in real . I Went Awol from my BCT and then got the DFR . Its been 7 months now . I have a Non Violent DV charge and a restraining order on me now . Please suggest what do i expect at Ft Sill . Would i get jail time or they would really not bother about my past . I was not convicted but went through the diversion program to get off the Harassment charge by my ex. Please Help .

Proserpina

HI Please Please dont start negative Comments . I would really appreciate any help that could be given to me in real . I Went Awol from my BCT and then got the DFR . Its been 7 months now . I have a Non Violent DV charge and a restraining order on me now . Please suggest what do i expect at Ft Sill . Would i get jail time or they would really not bother about my past . I was not convicted but went through the diversion program to get off the Harassment charge by my ex. Please Help .

(I'm just confused as to how you can have a non-violent Domestic Violence charge)

edwardstylus

Hi
A very valid Question ...... Well i got the harassment by communication charge on me ( Having tried to call my ex on cell phone - missed calls ) Yeah thats a charge :( and i got it Under DV because we used to live together till a few months before that happened . Infact when the charge of Harassment by communication was put on me when i was not even in town and was the time when i was actually going AWOL and coming back to town . Then she put a restraining order on me .
Yes the sequence is correct .
1)While returning to my hometown i made calls and she informed the police (Harassment by comm)
2)Got arrested the next day i reached my town
3)She put the restraining order on me
4)Took diversion class and got the case dismissed
5)Planning to get to Ft Sill for getting done with the army .

At this time i really would like to know if the process will be the same for me as the other AWOLees or would i be punished and made to stay there for longer .
Again , this the sequence as things happened

ERAUPIKE

I checked, the crystal ball for this forum is still out of order.

In my opinion, if your DV charge has already received a disposition from the court, I don't see any reason for your exodus from the Army to be delayed.

Padilla2181

In and Out

Go in on a MONDAY You will be out of the military by friday

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">