• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a serious felony and please help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostman14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i have been recently released from county jail from doing a county year, (8months on good time in CA). My charges are an assult with a deadly weapon, gbi, and gang enhancement. I took 1 year of jail time, 1 strike, and 3 years of probabtion. during 4 months i was out I got violated for having gang paraphanilia and in possesion of a deadly weapon. I was sentenced to another year in county and an additional 2 years to my probabtion. My case is very unique in regards to the gang charges and to the charges itsellf. It has been my dream to join the marines but i was caught in a place which i was forced to use self defence. I need to know if its even remontly possible if i have a chance of still joining or if i should relize a new dream? I AM CURRENTLY 20 YEARS AND I WAS 18 OF THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT

cyjeff

I would look for another dream.

You can always talk to a recruiter, but your chances of joining a declining military with numerous weapons charges is slim to none.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I believe slim just left the building.
And he took OP's chances of joining the Marines with him. NONE of the military branches are doing felony waivers right now. With the economy so bad and unemployment so high they don't have to let in those with felonies, GEDs, medical issues, etc.

The only way to know for sure is to talk to a recruiter and go through the formal process.

You don't want to be a Marine if you can't follow ever rule of society without any mistakes or you will get burned. You track record speaks for itself.

ahnvil

Having been a recruiter for three years (Navy) I can tell you that you will not be granted entry into any of the DoD branches, homeland security (border patrol or puddle pirates), any village, city, state, or federal law enforcement... Ever in your lifetime, even if a draft is instated and WW5 breaks out.

Even if you were a juvenile offender and had it expunged/sealed, a BASIC security clearance check would reveal it and you would be denied entry based on falsifying official docs/ fraudulent enlistment attempt.

That's just based on the gang related activity. Any weapons related or violent crimes also bar you from ever entering service. If you can't arm up what good are you as a grunt?

Open a pet store. If the picture needs any further clearing, message me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">