• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need answers fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worried momma 1

I need to know the punishment for refusing to train during forming at itb school of infantry. refusing NJP or MJP( not sure which one is correct)and taking a court marshall. Camp Geiger,Camp Leguine

Stephen1

Punishment for refusing NJP? It's your right (in most cases) to refuse NJP. Then it is your command's option to drop the whole business (unlikely) or to take the offense to a Summary Court-Martial, Special Court-Martial, or General Court-Martial. In general, as you move up to the various Courts-Martial the requirements for them to prove an offense become more strict and the maximum penalty that may be imposed also increases.

Before making this decision you should get legal advice from an attorney versed in military law.

As I recall, once you refuse NJP and the command says, "OK, we're going for a Court-Martial", you don't get a do-over. You don't get to say "Oh, sorry, I'll take that NJP now." Well, actually you could 'say it' but it won't change anything.

ERAUPIKE

I need to know the punishment for refusing to train during forming at itb school of infantry. refusing NJP or MJP( not sure which one is correct)and taking a court marshall. Camp Geiger,Camp Leguine
At such and early point in a Marines career, you can expect some sort of administrative or punitive discharge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">