• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ren11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Sir or Ma'am,

I was recently NJP'd for getting arrested for shoplifting 11 dollars worth of hair dye. I have never been arrested before, have no record whatsoever and had never done anything like that before. I have been in the Marine Corps for over 9 years. I was supposed to be out of the Marines in may but I was put on a medical hold pending a medical board. I was arrested June 6th, I wasn't even supposed to be in at the time. I have no idea why I did it, I had the money in my wallet. Now medical issues. I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy, Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Irritable bowel syndrome, LPR, PTSD, Alcohol abuse disorder and most recently bipolar disorder all within the past year. I was entered into the ADAPT program and sent to a partial hospitalization program for a dual diagnosis. At the PHP I was diagnosed with bipolar and the psychiatrist believes this is what caused me to act so impulsively. The entire investigation was based on the pretense and opinion of a MSgt who has harassed me for 18 months. I even supplied statements and proof (emails) to the general for appeal. I was written up by this MSgt for being "UA" while I was at my appointed place of duty at the PHP hospital. I have been on all sorts of medication and three days prior to my shoplifting incident, I was in Miami visiting my grandma who isn't doing to well. I had been self medication for months with alcohol just to be able to sleep. I have an absolute stellar record and four combat deployments. I am currently on a medical board. I had been threatened to be kicked out over and over again by the MSgt and consistently harassed. Every day was hell. They ended up taking my rank but suspending the sentence for 6 months and took 100 dollars pay for two months. I am a Sgt. I feel like I am getting absolutely railroaded. There is way more to this but here is the basic stuff. I am stationed at Macdill and the only option for "legal assistance" is the air force and its a complete joke.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Sir or Ma'am,

I was recently NJP'd for getting arrested for shoplifting 11 dollars worth of hair dye. I have never been arrested before, have no record whatsoever and had never done anything like that before. I have been in the Marine Corps for over 9 years. I was supposed to be out of the Marines in may but I was put on a medical hold pending a medical board. I was arrested June 6th, I wasn't even supposed to be in at the time. I have no idea why I did it, I had the money in my wallet. Now medical issues. I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy, Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Irritable bowel syndrome, LPR, PTSD, Alcohol abuse disorder and most recently bipolar disorder all within the past year. I was entered into the ADAPT program and sent to a partial hospitalization program for a dual diagnosis. At the PHP I was diagnosed with bipolar and the psychiatrist believes this is what caused me to act so impulsively. The entire investigation was based on the pretense and opinion of a MSgt who has harassed me for 18 months. I even supplied statements and proof (emails) to the general for appeal. I was written up by this MSgt for being "UA" while I was at my appointed place of duty at the PHP hospital. I have been on all sorts of medication and three days prior to my shoplifting incident, I was in Miami visiting my grandma who isn't doing to well. I had been self medication for months with alcohol just to be able to sleep. I have an absolute stellar record and four combat deployments. I am currently on a medical board. I had been threatened to be kicked out over and over again by the MSgt and consistently harassed. Every day was hell. They ended up taking my rank but suspending the sentence for 6 months and took 100 dollars pay for two months. I am a Sgt. I feel like I am getting absolutely railroaded. There is way more to this but here is the basic stuff. I am stationed at Macdill and the only option for "legal assistance" is the air force and its a complete joke.
You may want to be just a tad bit nicer to the folks that you consider a "joke" - it seems to me like they are the only ones that can help you. No, on second thought, you could pay for your own attorney if you prefer.

TigerD

Sgt. -- The Chair Force maybe a joke, but its lawyers went through law school and additional advanced training just like the Navy's lawyers and the Army's lawyers.

Talk to your lawyer. Do what he/she tells you to do when he/she tells you to do it. You need to live as if you are in boot camp until you get out. I am assuming you are a combat vet. Do not give them cause to give you a BCD or general OTH. It sounds like you are going to need VA care.

Good luck. Thanks for your service.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">