• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WWP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am assigned to a WTB and had a health and walfare conducted today. We we not allowed to be present during the inspection. During the inspection they confiscated all of my prescribed medications. All of which I have valid presricptions for. I had recently had my 90 supplies filled at the pharmacy as well. The inspector said that I had a excess amount of meds. I contacted my chain of command about this and they said the items have been turned over to our legal group. They are not sure when they will return the items.

Additionally, they had a soldier from the WTB documenting the items removed form the rooms, this to me seems to be a violation of HIPPA. They also had the maintainance manager opening the safes in our rooms.

This was a batallion wide inspection. However, most of us are not in a traditional barracks room. I really have no idea what was removed form my room, I have nothing illeagal there just feel that before the took items out of my room I should have been included. I am currently taking 6 of the meds on a daily basis and have about 6 others on as needed basis.

LillianX

I don't know enough about military law to comment on the rest of the post, but as far as HIPAA goes, it would not apply here. HIPAA governs health insurers and providers only.

You need 12 prescriptions ? And you are in the Army ? Whose doctor do you have Elvis' or Micheal Jackson's ?

Did they tell you not to get any more drugs? Then go back and get new scripts to replace the ones they took.

I think you need to get of so many drugs. Now I have to go and take an aspirin after reading this post.....ooowwww

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am assigned to a WTB and had a health and walfare conducted today. We we not allowed to be present during the inspection. During the inspection they confiscated all of my prescribed medications. All of which I have valid presricptions for. I had recently had my 90 supplies filled at the pharmacy as well. The inspector said that I had a excess amount of meds. I contacted my chain of command about this and they said the items have been turned over to our legal group. They are not sure when they will return the items.

Additionally, they had a soldier from the WTB documenting the items removed form the rooms, this to me seems to be a violation of HIPPA. They also had the maintainance manager opening the safes in our rooms.

This was a batallion wide inspection. However, most of us are not in a traditional barracks room. I really have no idea what was removed form my room, I have nothing illeagal there just feel that before the took items out of my room I should have been included. I am currently taking 6 of the meds on a daily basis and have about 6 others on as needed basis.
Did you have a question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">