• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interstate/international modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Panner98

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas, WA and Texas

I have a child support order from Washington State effective Oct 2001.
NCP and myself were never married, he is in the Army. In 2005, I closed my case with Washington and because NCP was in Texas (stationed) it was moved there, and my state ( Alaska) was just making sure the support was paid. It was moved to TExas because I wanted the order modified. Everything was going slow on their end, but there was a court date for Sept 2006. The case was dismissed because NCP was deployed to Iraq and the Texas OAG told me to try again in 2 years. Per court order it states that NCP was to provide Tricare medical insurance and was to report any change in income. He has done neither. I would like the order modified as it has not ever been done, the support amount was based on the needs of a 3 year old boy and income has increased majorly. I am not trying to make him bleed dry, but would like the amount to be fair. However, NCP got stationed in Italy. I do not talk to him, but I do know he has no intentions on returning to the states ( he can extend, and total be there 6-8 years, he has only just been there a year) I have also since moved to Arkansas and the child support is saying they can't do anything until he comes back to the states ( I know that is false!) I have tried for a month to contact Texas OAG and nothing is happening. I do not have the funds to hire a lawyer either and now am at a huge loss what to do. anyone have an idea what can be done?
I did contact Texas OAG and they refuse to give me any information because they have a PO Box address on file for me and its from 4 years ago and I don't even know it anymore. Arkansas said they can't request a modification unless NCP requests one.

ahnvil

My suggestion would be to contact CID at whatever army post is nearest to you. It really doesn't matter where he was stationed last, it is more important they are within a reasonable vicinity to you so you have the option of nagging them into submission if necessary.

This probably won't be needed though. CID, as most investigative and judicial offices within DoD stateside, are very bored most days. It'll give them something to do and you won't need to hire a lawyer. His son (you will need a birth cert with the father's name) is entitled to representation by CID. You need to act before deadbeat dad does though.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">