• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investigation and seperation package help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HuntsAlone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So, I'll try to make this short. I'm being investigated because allegedly I stole another service member's money while on winter break. I am being discharged from the military due to other reasons. My separation package is completed but they won't send it up because I'm under "investigation". I have called NCIS, CID, PMO, and tried contacting the local police department. NCIS, CID, and PMO have all told me that I am not under investigation by them. I have been trying to get a hold of the local police department that initially contacted me about this issue but they are very difficult to get a hold of. At least the person that is investigating me (if they even are investigating me). I am trying my hardest to get this investigation over with so my package can go up and I can transition out. Or at least put enough pressure on my command to let me out regardless of the investigation. I really need some advice on what I should do about this. I did not steal this person's money because he was never on this base during the time in which it was committed and I was also on restriction during this time. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So, I'll try to make this short. I'm being investigated because apparently I stole another service member's money while on winter break. I am being discharged from the military due to other reasons. My separation package is completed but they won't send it up because I'm under "investigation". I have called NCIS, CID, PMO, and tried contacting the local police department. NCIS, CID, and PMO have all told me that I am not under investigation by them. I have been trying to get a hold of the local police department that initially contacted me about this issue but they are very difficult to get a hold of. At least the person that is investigating me (if they even are investigating me). I am trying my hardest to get this investigation over with so my package can go up and I can transition out. Or at least put enough pressure on my command to let me out regardless of the investigation. I really need some advice on what I should do about this. I did not steal this person's money because he was never on this base during the time in which it was committed and I was also on restriction during this time. Any help would be much appreciated.
Who notified you that you were under investigation for the theft?

LdiJ

I was originally contacted by the local police via the duty hut. Then I talked to the local police department. I have't been able to get ahold of them since.
Just as an FYI. If you are talking to people you don't want to say "apparently I stole money", you want to say "allegedly I stole money"...and immediately afterwards explain that not only did you NOT steal money but you couldn't have. "Apparently" indicates that you did even if you didn't realize it, "allegedly" means that you were accused whether you did or didn't. I know that sounds pedantic, but you want people to understand what you are talking about if you want the situation to get resolved.

HuntsAlone

Just as an FYI. If you are talking to people you don't want to say "apparently I stole money", you want to say "allegedly I stole money"...and immediately afterwards explain that not only did you NOT steal money but you couldn't have. "Apparently" indicates that you did even if you didn't realize it, "allegedly" means that you were accused whether you did or didn't. I know that sounds pedantic, but you want people to understand what you are talking about if you want the situation to get resolved.
Duly noted.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
If you're being involuntarily separated, you should have already contacted TDS; call and see if they know what the holdup is with your chapter.

Or, you can call the IG.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">