• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got an OTH from the Army and need help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lbj2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I just got an OTH from the Army for coming up hot for weed and my entry code on the dd-214 is a 4. Can I ever come back in the Army? Can I upgrade..if how? And can I receive unemployment? I been looking for help about a month now and low on cash really would appreciate any info..:eek:

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I just got an OTH from the Army for coming up hot for weed and my entry code on the dd-214 is a 4. Can I ever come back in the Army? Can I upgrade..if how? And can I receive unemployment? I been looking for help about a month now and low on cash really would appreciate any info..:eek:
It is possible to enlist in the National Guard with an RE-4 but not likely. There is no chance that you will be able to "upgrade" your discharge. You would only be eligible for a change in the status of your discharge if it was given in error or if it was given unjustly. An upgrade to your category of discharge will not change your RE code. It is possible for you to receive unemployment but it is not 100% guaranteed.

ArmyOTH

The fact that your discharge states OTH precludes you from military service, period. You may hear stories about RE-4 waivers, but I believe they were cut out in March for the ARNG. There is no waiver for an OTH discharge, in any branch of the military. It will have to be upgraded. You might be able to receive unemployment, but you weren't laid off, and how you ended up "unemployed" might get some attention. You'll have to apply to the ADRB, if that fails, appeal, if that fails, apply to the BCMR. If that fails, write the Secretary of the Army. That's all you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">