• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation and BAH/OHA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newguy719

I'm in the Army and my wife are planning on separating and then getting a full divorce at a later date. I am going to be getting stationed in Germany shortly and she is planning on remaining in Colorado with our 2 kids. I am trying to get information on whether or not I would still receive BAH for her and the kids while we are separated and would I receive OHA at the without dependent rate while I am in Germany? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

NewGuy

SHORTY LONG

I'm in the Army and my wife are planning on separating and then getting a full divorce at a later date. I am going to be getting stationed in Germany shortly and she is planning on remaining in Colorado with our 2 kids. I am trying to get information on whether or not I would still receive BAH for her and the kids while we are separated and would I receive OHA at the without dependent rate while I am in Germany? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

NewGuy
The following source is for Military members & their families of our Armed Forces. No
-~problem is to big, nor to little for assistance. Contact a Military OneSource consultant
-~for assistance with a particular issue. Please use the phone numbers listed below 24/7.

Phone Numbers:

Stateside: CONUS: 1-800-342-9647
Overseas: *OCONUS Universal Free Phone: 800-3429-6477
Collect from Overseas: OCONUS Collect: 484-530-5908
En español llame al: 1-877-888-0727
TTY/TDD: 1-800-346-9188
Korea DSN: 550-ARMY (2769)

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
1) Army doesn't recognize "separated". Your status is either single or married.
2) I'm assuming you're at Ft Carson; have you talked to the SJA at Ft Carson? http://www.carson.army.mil/LEGAL/
3) You can/should talk to your S-1; this is not an uncommon situation.

Good luck.

SHORTY LONG

1) Army doesn't recognize "separated". Your status is either single or married.
2) I'm assuming you're at Ft Carson; have you talked to the SJA at Ft Carson? http://www.carson.army.mil/LEGAL/
3) You can/should talk to your S-1; this is not an uncommon situation.

Good luck.
Outstanding Shadowbunny! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">