• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying to avoid deployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doggoneit

I know someone in the nv national guard reserves. She got pregnant to try to get out of deployment. she had the baby and was informed that she was deployable the moment she gave birth. Upon talking to people in her unit, she decided she would lie, and say that she can't deploy because there will be no one to care for baby. However that's a complete lie. Her husband as well as her mother, grandparents, and husband's family could care for the baby. She is bragging about all the benefits she's received without having to deploy. I want to turn her in, how would I do so?

LdiJ

I know someone in the nv national guard reserves. She got pregnant to try to get out of deployment. she had the baby and was informed that she was deployable the moment she gave birth. Upon talking to people in her unit, she decided she would lie, and say that she can't deploy because there will be no one to care for baby. However that's a complete lie. Her husband as well as her mother, grandparents, and husband's family could care for the baby. She is bragging about all the benefits she's received without having to deploy. I want to turn her in, how would I do so?
Why does it matter to you what someone else did?

Proserpina

Oh?

What if her husband works?

Now for family. Mom works. Grandparents are elderly. Husband's family too busy. Or, perhaps, they shouldn't have to sacrifice their time to take care of someone else's kid.

Next?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh?

What if her husband works?

Now for family. Mom works. Grandparents are elderly. Husband's family too busy. Or, perhaps, they shouldn't have to sacrifice their time to take care of someone else's kid.

Next?
I'm going to expand on this a little bit. The only other person with any legal responsibility for caring for the child would be the father of the child (the husband.) Any other family members can simply say no. And yes, if the father works, that can easily make him unable to care for a young child.

Eekamouse

That's kind of vindictive, isn't it? Why is what goes on with her any of your business? You're sticking your nose into matters that do not concern you. Perhaps there are other ways for you to get your petty revenge for whatever wrongs you feel she's done you. Or maybe you could just be the bigger person and walk away. You'll get no satisfaction from trying to get her in trouble this way. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">