• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marine needs help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmojo

Alright I'm just going to get to the point. I've been in the marines about year and half. got njpd in january for underage drinking, because i had a little flip out and mentioned killing myself. I went to division psych a few times, and was about to be cleared. I had some immediate family problems at home, my leave wasnt approved and I left anyway. I've been UA 23 days. My unit goes to mojave viper in two weeks. I will fail the drug test. I've talked to my squad leader a couple times, but he doesn't know what to tell me. I'm just looking to find the quickest solution to taking care of this, getting out of the marines and doing what I need to do. Anyone went through anything like this, any advice?

Cowboy Dan

Please don't do anything stupid. Stay clean as long as it takes to clear whatever out of your system. SHAVE EVERY HAIR YOU HAVE! Drugs show up in hair, so if you have any hair that they can pluck, you may have to face a drug beef as well. You don't want to do that if you can avoid it.

Turn yourself in to a military unit somewhere. I read a story of a guy who went UA and came up smelling like a rose, but that's rare, and UA was the only charge he faced. The thought you have now that getting out is the best thing is the thought of a young man with a lack of experience.

I was young and stupid once, and didn't fight to stay in when I could have. Big mistake. Stay in to the end of your contract, get an HD and go on to a wonderful life after the USMC.

Vaya con Dios. I'll pray for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">