• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Me and my spouse are getting divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiva09

Me and my wife are getting divorced. We got married in February after she came out of a school. She got stationed in California i quit my job and moved from new Jersey to california. She decided she dont want us to be married and sent me back to jersey. I have no job or any money she also took my dependent id so i cant go to the doctor if i needed to. She claims the she works hard for her money and im not untitled to any of it. How can i handle the situation?

SHORTY LONG

It is a tough world / situation. Sounds like you need to get up off your anus and get work.
In time things will surface, and at that time you may know yourself what to do! WE, senior
members know that there are two-sides to a fence unless the fence is lying just on one side
or it is broken.

LdiJ

Me and my wife are getting divorced. We got married in February after she came out of a school. She got stationed in California i quit my job and moved from new Jersey to california. She decided she dont want us to be married and sent me back to jersey. I have no job or any money she also took my dependent id so i cant go to the doctor if i needed to. She claims the she works hard for her money and im not untitled to any of it. How can i handle the situation?
Ok, am I correct to assume that your wife is military? If so, just because she took your dependent ID (and why did you let her do that?) doesn't mean that you are not entitled to dependent benefits.

If you have actual medical issues and you cannot get them handled because she took your ID then you need to get in touch with her command.

chiva09

Yes shes in the navy, ididnt know she had took my id until i looked in my wallet and it wasnt there. She says that it belongs to her and at the end im not entitled to anthing.

Just Blue

Yes shes in the navy, ididnt know she had took my id until i looked in my wallet and it wasnt there. She says that it belongs to her and at the end im not entitled to anthing.
You really need to get a job and hire an attorney.

How long have you been married to your wife? Feb of THIS year?

chiva09

I been looking for a job, and yes February of this year it seemed like it was just for her to get extra cash.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
You're still entitled to medical care, and she's still liable for basic support. You don't need an ID card to go to the doctor; the doctor's office can simply verify with the appropriate Tricare region that you're still eligible. Call your region (Tricare North) and they can send you a medical card.

As was mentioned above, you can call her command (or the ombudsman for the unit) and they can assist. You can also visit the JAG at ANY military installation and they can advise you of your rights.

However, you still need to do whatever you can to find work. You're entitled to use Military OneSource; they have employment resources. If your wife is an E5 or below, you're also eligible to use the MyCAA program, which will help pay for education/certification programs to make you more employable.

chiva09

Thank you so much you was definitely a great help im going to call tri care tomorrow morning. I thought i needed my dependent card to see the doctor. Shes not really willing to give me any basic support and i dont really know how to go about that but i found a job today thank god. I did apply for mycaa and i was able to get approved for a medical course.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Thank you so much you was definitely a great help im going to call tri care tomorrow morning. I thought i needed my dependent card to see the doctor. Shes not really willing to give me any basic support and i dont really know how to go about that but i found a job today thank god. I did apply for mycaa and i was able to get approved for a medical course.
Call her command. Let them know she's not providing any support. If you don't know who her command is, call the chaplain at the installation she's at.

chiva09

I heard they cant really force her to give me any type of support. I dont know if thats going to just make it worse for me. I guess i just really know how things work.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I heard they cant really force her to give me any type of support. I dont know if thats going to just make it worse for me. I guess i just really know how things work.
You're right - this is America. Nobody is going to stick a gun to her head and say "pay support or die". With that said - the military can be VERY persuasive in making sure that spouses/dependents get what they are entitled to from the service member. They have remedies available that aren't available in the civilian world.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
How much worse do you fear it will get? Do you think she'll give you less than zero support? If you're unsure on how to get in contact with her unit, Military OneSource can also give you some guidance. So contact Military OneSource right now. There's someone available 24/7.

chiva09

As right now the only thing shes doing is paying my phone bill. And you're right nothing is less the support she gives me now and okay ill do that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">