• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meb/peb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweaver89

Hi i am 22 years old i joined the army november 2 2010, and i currently have some medical issues. I just recently had laproscopic surgery to remove my kidney that was nonfunctioning. i was visiting the doctor about my knee injury that lead to them finding the kidney failure in a bone scan. i just got back off convelescent leave and now i have to finish the knee injury . the orthopedic says i have petello syndrome /bilateral and that my army career will not last very long. he says he dont recommend the surgery because the outcome of it is worse. So im thinking of Medical separation after all this because im on permanent profile for my knees and i can barely perform any of my MOS duties. The orthopedic recommended MEB. im just wondering if you think the possibilty of getting it with benefits is possible

chuckdog_5

Im in the Marines and currently going through a knee injury, possibly a discharge. Im not sure what your situation will be considering your kidney situation, but as far as your knee that isnt a medical discharge. There is no fix for the patello femora syndrome and you will find that many ppl have it in the military. The reason it wont be a medical discharge is because they view it as a pain tolerance wich you can not tolerate. Since many others still perform their duties with this job, the Med board will not give you a medical discharge. Now, they can still put you on a med board and you will most likely receive 0% wich is fine, all you do is just go over to the VA and make your claim and you will get taken care of, but i cant tell you how much you will get, you may get nothing for your knee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">