• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Discharge (USMC)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futura12

What is the name of your state? FL

I am currently in the Marine Corps and have and Admin seperation pedning... i have not heard anything since i submitted my paper work.. I was told that i have asthma and was limited duty for like 4 months. once medical gave me my second letter for admin sep i was told that my command was to decide whether or not i PT well they decided yes and are always yelling at me cause i cant PT. i still try and put out to the best of my ability but its not good enough for them.. im at a loss it seems that no one in my command really cares what is going on with me.

Is there anything i can do to find out where my paper work is or is there anything i can do about my command.. ive tried to talk to the Sgt in charge of me and the Ssgt but i get the shaft each time.. I really dont know what to do anymore...

Last edited:

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? FL

I am currently in the Marine Corps and have and Admin seperation pedning... i have not heard anything since i submitted my paper work.. I was told that i have asthma and was limited duty for like 4 months. once medical gave me my second letter for admin sep i was told that my command was to decide whether or not i PT well they decided yes and are always yelling at me cause i cant PT. i still try and put out to the best of my ability but its not good enough for them.. im at a loss it seems that no one in my command really cares what is going on with me.

Is there anything i can do to find out where my paper work is or is there anything i can do about my command.. ive tried to talk to the Sgt in charge of me and the Ssgt but i get the shaft each time.. I really dont know what to do anymore...
If you have at least made it through Boot-Camp then I would personally
suggest that, "Marine, get your head, and heart wired together;
and if you did not make it through, then faith, patience, and grace are
your best friend so-to-speak!

JADM

Are you being administratively separated or have you been reffered to a Medical Evaluation Board or Physical Evaluation Board? If you have been referred to MEB or PEB, you should have a PEBLO assigned from the MTF. Your PEBLO should be able to track your case.

Physical disability is not a character flaw. Best of luck!

If medical professionals left the decision up to the command whether or not this Marine participated in physical training he does not have any physical disability. I have to agree with Shorty Long here. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

CGRAY

If you think your health is being endangered by PT with medical condition, request mast to the highest member of your chain-of-command (CG Marine Forces Pac, or whatever). That is what the system is there for. If medical backs your case, there is no reason why you should have any problems. Warning, doing this may place a bulls-eye on you for your remaining time, so I would advise to walk the straight and narrow afterwards. Your immediate chain will feel animosity by you going over their heads, but as long as you do it by the book, you're okay. And remember, no matter what your CO or XO may tell you, you do NOT have to discuss your problem with anybody along the chain until you reach the person you requested mast to. But, it would be advisable to allow your command SgtMjr an opportunity to fix this when you get to him. They will generally fix these things before they reach "outside" command members.

jarhead1349

I totally agree with CGRAY above.

Request Mast is one option. A better option may very well be the Company 1stSgt or Battalion or Squadron Sergeant Major. That is what those guys and gals are there for.

Most 1stSgt's/SgtsMaj that I have dealt with have an open door policy, as long as your PltSgt knows where you are. That's a common courtesy.

The absolute worst thing you can do is go over the wire and go UA. Running from your problems is very habit forming. Do things right and right the first time.

Unless, of course, this is a made up mallady. If that's the case, pick up your pack and get in the game.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">