• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Discharge -USMC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheath

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
Ive been in the Marines for over two years now, and last year I ruptured a disk in Iraq and I have a rotated vertabre. They did surgery on my ruptured disk in Feb. of this year, and I now have a Titanium Disk, but my back isnt gettting any better. They are gonna give me a Medical Discharge and I was wondering how much disability I will be getting, and if I will still be able to use my GI bill and what benefits I will still be able to use. Right now Im waiting to hear back from the Medical Board on the decision they have made.

You will be able to use your GI Bill still. In fact, you may be entitled to extended benefits depending on your disability percentage. The boards answer is not final and if they do low ball you, I believe you have the right to appeal the decision. You will also have Five years of free medical coverage regardless of your disability standing due to your service in the Middle East theater. The best thing to do is wait for your ruling and then move on from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">