• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristen344

just wondering if anyone had any info about, going on a military base after you go awol then get out with an other than honorable discharge? part of my paper work says that i can't ever go on any military instillation .. i was always curious how they would even know or keep track of that sort of thing since there are so many people who go awol anyways i wanted to know so i can visit my sister who lives on a base ?? any input would help

ERAUPIKE

just wondering if anyone had any info about, going on a military base after you go awol then get out with an other than honorable discharge? part of my paper work says that i can't ever go on any military instillation .. i was always curious how they would even know or keep track of that sort of thing since there are so many people who go awol anyways i wanted to know so i can visit my sister who lives on a base ?? any input would help
The DOD generally issues passes to people and keeps records of those requesting access to a military base. They will collect identifying information from you and you will require a sponsor, your sister, to be granted access. If that information is matched up with the fact that you are banned from all military installations your sister will bear the brunt of that punishment, I am sure she will be grateful that you took her career down due to your complete disregard for rules and regulations. Are you willing to take that big of a risk with someone else's livelyhood?

kristen344

whatever

my sister isn't in the army she is a spouse so there will be no taking her career down whatever that means?? my question was ive been out almost 6 years is there any possible way for them to closely monitor who comes on and off the base other than checking ID at the entrance what im more curious about is if i was to go on base how would they know im not supposed to be there just wondering ??? also if it is a big deal i don't have to go on the base sooo i won't be ruining lives

ERAUPIKE

my sister isn't in the army she is a spouse so there will be no taking her career down whatever that means?? my question was ive been out almost 6 years is there any possible way for them to closely monitor who comes on and off the base other than checking ID at the entrance what im more curious about is if i was to go on base how would they know im not supposed to be there just wondering ??? also if it is a big deal i don't have to go on the base sooo i won't be ruining lives
Then her husband will be held responsible for her actions. You asked, I answered. Being out of the Army for 6 years with an OTH, you must have a pretty tough life. You don't need to take that out on the volunteers in this forum, you did it to yourself.

kristen344

WHATTT you are nuts? if you are a volunteer then you should treat people with respect, AND WHY would i have a pretty tough life? i have a pretty good life w/o the military!! i have had no problem getting a job or going to school. you don't know any of the circumstances of what led up to me doing what i did you are a pretty closed minded person!!! my sister found out the info for me and it turns out that it's no big deal..this forum should get new volunteers who have more open minds. god forbid someone make a mistake in life
i'm so glad I got out of the military life full of people like you who don't know anything, and just like to make people feel as bad as they do. you are so cool !! i thought that last post was pretty calm as well. i didn't think i was taking anything out on anyone lol just wanting to get info. and you personally attack me
is that what a volunteer does i'm confused ???? maybe you should go volunteer else where or learn to be more compassionate. if you don't know the whole story how are you giving any good advice? you seem like a person who always sees the worst in people mmm im sure i'll get kicked out of here because people hate to hear the truth!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ERAUPIKE

The ever mature "Whatever" in your title line invoked my response. Yours seemed somewhat unwarranted and crass. The only thing you accomplished with your diatribe was revealing that you didn't go to school for an english degree.

I don't doubt that you enjoy your life outside of the military, you obviously aren't cut out for that type of lifestyle. It takes a person that has self control, courage, and dedication to be successful in the military. I only showed empathy for your current situation, but I feel obligated to reming you that you did it to yourself. Cheers.

snowchiq16

Most army posts now a days only check your ID while coming on post if you are with someone who has a military ID. You will be fine just going onto post if you are with your sister or her husband and it won't jeopardize anyone's career as long as you don't get yourself into any kind of trouble just remember to mind your manners.

ERAUPIKE

Most army posts now a days only check your ID while coming on post if you are with someone who has a military ID. You will be fine just going onto post if you are with your sister or her husband and it won't jeopardize anyone's career as long as you don't get yourself into any kind of trouble just remember to mind your manners.
I understand that you are new here but it is generally viewed as grossly irresponsible to advise people to break the law. It is also a violation of the TOS for this site.

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I understand that you are new here but it is generally viewed as grossly irresponsible to advise people to break the law. It is also a violation of the TOS for this site.
And she's also wrong. Installations are getting more, not less, stringent in their checking of IDs. CACs get scanned, visitors without a CAC have to check in at the Visitor's Center.

The MP at the gate will shot if you try to pass the red line without his permission.

You might be able to just get on with a drivers license and a good reason.
Without a DOD sticker on a pov. you will most certainly be subject to a search.
If your in a pov. with a DOD sticker just hold your ID up and smile when they ask to see it.
They don't interrogate you about your discharge when you try to enter on a base they don't even know you served until you tell them unless you give them a reason to stop you and start looking.
So if they do stop you just be cool, find out what they want and if they refuse to let you on base don't flip out.

It's a misconception that service members can be held responsible for their family's actions. Yes it may be seen in a bad light however no punitive action can be directed for family members actions.

kristen344

wow

Thanks for all the Advice.. its pretty humorous that this became so serious.. now people are advising me to break the law. wow talk about crazy. anyways i had a blast in Alaska and, i had no trouble getting on, or off the base, like i originally thought. they do actually have scan guns for your id now, kinda different from when i was in, and the way most people live on base makes me soooo grateful i got out of the military! it's just as corrupt,gross,trashy, as i remember thanks again people.

and yes never did claim to be an english major.. woooo what a burn

Last edited:

ERAUPIKE

Thanks for all the Advice.. its pretty humorous that this became so serious.. now people are advising me to break the law. wow talk about crazy. anyways i had a blast in Alaska and, i had no trouble getting on, or off the base, like i originally thought. they do actually have scan guns for your id now, kinda different from when i was in, and the way most people live on base makes me soooo grateful i got out of the military! it's just as corrupt,gross,trashy, as i remember thanks again people.

and yes never did claim to be an english major.. woooo what a burn
That one went way over your head I guess. Re-read that post I made and notice all the things I indicated you are not. (Some help for the slower section) What are you "going to school" for?

Glad you had fun in Alaska, I can't imagine how fulfilling it must be for you to brag about getting on base on this site. You really showed us didn't you. You must lead a very full and eventful life.

Just because you are military or a dependent bringing someone on base while showing DoD, still makes you responsible for that persons actions. Knowingly transporting a banned individual on base could have legal repurcussions for the the transporter and their military spouse.

Your actions, OP, are fundamentally selfish and irresponsible. It is no wonder the military decided you weren't a good fit for them. :rolleyes:

You might be able to just get on with a drivers license and a good reason.
Without a DOD sticker on a pov. you will most certainly be subject to a search.
If your in a pov. with a DOD sticker just hold your ID up and smile when they ask to see it.
You are wrong. DoD facilities no longer require registered vehicles to have this sticker and haven't for a few years now. Therefore, I'll assume you are no longer in the military. Post 9-11 security has changed security everywhere including military bases and there is ABSOLUTELY no guarantee that you will simply be able to just "hold up your ID" and get waved on to base.

They don't interrogate you about your discharge when you try to enter on a base they don't even know you served until you tell them unless you give them a reason to stop you and start looking.
So if they do stop you just be cool, find out what they want and if they refuse to let you on base don't flip out.
ID Cards are being input into a master database, DBIDS. When fully operational DoD-wide it will most likely prevent what OP did. Even now you *may* get flagged if you are banned from DoD installations.

It's a misconception that service members can be held responsible for their family's actions. Yes it may be seen in a bad light however no punitive action can be directed for family members actions.
While the service member may or may not be punished for his spouse's actions in this situation. It is ILLEGAL to enter base without authorization. If OP is banned she would be violating federal law and her sister would be assisting her in doing so. Will OP or sister be charged? Probably not but it's possible. Will her sister be banned from base if found out? Likely.

Overall your advice on this one seems quite off-base. :rolleyes:

kristen344

willy wonka

This is really getting out of hand! kinda funny tho. i can't stand twisty word people oh well life goes on.. just to clarify, I am not banned from bases I did call before i got there, MP's ran my social and no restrictions where in there data base ANDDDD IF THERE WAS i would have stayed in a hotel i would never risk my sister and her husband lively hood .... i love how i'm such a demon!! also i would never brag about getting on base what a hellhole it was. i will however brag about Alaska you must go before you die!! ok off to go rafting yay!! hope you have fun sitting on your computer all day!! trying to come up with tons of ways to insult me yay this good entertainment. back in 5 days to reign some more terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">