• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military laws or Regulations on Medical and Military Information, and malicious inten

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neener3221

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
My son is in the Army, he is an MP. He called after finding out about an incident and he wanted to talk to someone to calm down.
His roommate is an E4 and he was just promoted to E2. He was not aware it was put out to not date anyone in the unit. He has been told after he had a date, and has ended any involvement in that way with the female soldier. I guess out of jealousy, or for whatever reason beyond logic, his roomate told the female soldier that he went in my son's room and looked at his military and medical records, and she should be careful, it says he has syphillis and another std. My son does not have any diseases, I have his documents backed up on a drive, I would say if it states anything, it is that he is negative for all diseases. The female soldier did not believe it and let my son know. My son is not sure if he reports it, if the roommate has broken laws or regulations, and if his reporting it will result in nothing and it will cause him more problems. I was shocked about the whole situation, because my son and his roommate are both MPs, he more than other soldier's knew he was doing something wrong. Are there regulations and military laws that have been broken?

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Report it to the commanding officer.
Sounds minor, maybe the start of some bullying.
But whatever it is if it is making your son uncomfortable then he should report it to get it to stop.

Report it and ask for immediate action to stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERAUPIKE

Report it to the commanding officer.
Sounds minor, maybe the start of some bullying.
But whatever it is if it is making your son uncomfortable then he should report it to get it to stop.

Report it and ask for immediate action to stop it.
your son needs to deal with this himself, like an adult. Why were his records in his room in the first place? If the girl didn\'t believe him, what is the harm?

Last edited by a moderator:

antrc170

IF your son could prove that his roommate accessed his medical files without permission, then it would be grounds for a criminal compliant through his command. However, that will tough and cause more problems than its worth IMO.

I suggest that your son request to speak to the lowest level commander capable of authorizing a room change. If that is the platoon sergeant or commanding officer. Explain the situation where there is obvious conflict between the two and reques a room change. It isn't usually a big deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">