• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife cheated on me while I was in Korea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

USFK_soldier

What is the name of your state? CA

My Wife and I have been married for almost a year. I am in stationed in Korea. I have not talked to her since 2 months ago until a few days ago. I just found out that she is pregnant and left California with another man. I also just found out that CID agents went to her moms house where she lived. A friend told me that they might be investigating me because she is no longer living in California. I didnt know where my wife was at until a few days ago, which is in Utah. I dont want to get in trouble for BAH fraud, which is what my friend told me they would do. I want to get a divorce from her, and not deal with her anymore. What can I do?What is the name of your state?

irql

re: BAH

tell your command what you just found out and contact your local legal rep to inform them what is happening and act promptly and efficiently. i mean you are in Korea right? CID don't act recklessly or at least they shouldn't. maybe a neighbor called the Provost to inform them that your wife has been gone and no one has been living there - so that's why/how the CID got involved. just my guess.

sotired77

I agree you need to let your chain of command know immediately. I also would file for divorce as quickly as possible because she might go after a portion of your (BAH) military spousal support while your still married and you don't want to be paying for her new man and new baby living expenses.

Sidenote: I had a friend who did the same cr@p she's married, but got pregnant by a new guy she called hubby's command and said he wasn't "supporting" her. They were separated at the time and he ended up paying her around $600 amonth hubby was an E5. Their divorce took a year to be finalized and he had to pay that amount until it was finalized.

wow

I agree you need to let your chain of command know immediately. I also would file for divorce as quickly as possible because she might go after a portion of your (BAH) military spousal support while your still married and you don't want to be paying for her new man and new baby living expenses.

Sidenote: I had a friend who did the same cr@p she's married, but got pregnant by a new guy she called hubby's command and said he wasn't "supporting" her. They were separated at the time and he ended up paying her around $600 amonth hubby was an E5. Their divorce took a year to be finalized and he had to pay that amount until it was finalized.
was ur friend my fiance's ex?! lol sorry had to ask ha ha just kidding, but seriously?
;)

Shellback

What is the name of your state? CA

My Wife and I have been married for almost a year. I am in stationed in Korea. I have not talked to her since 2 months ago until a few days ago. I just found out that she is pregnant and left California with another man. I also just found out that CID agents went to her moms house where she lived. A friend told me that they might be investigating me because she is no longer living in California. I didnt know where my wife was at until a few days ago, which is in Utah. I dont want to get in trouble for BAH fraud, which is what my friend told me they would do. I want to get a divorce from her, and not deal with her anymore. What can I do?What is the name of your state?

I am really sorry to hear about your wife, I wish I had some answers for you but after 10 years of active duty it doesn't surprise me at all. It seems like infidelity is just a fact of life in the military but that doesn't ease the pain of being cheated on. Just try to be careful if and when you start another relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">