• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife is committing adultery in the Navy. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThomasTu

My wife recently came back from deployment on Decmeber 20. She is stationed in Norfolk Va. I currently live in a different state. She says she loves me, but that she has been thinking about someone else. She basically means she's met and is seeing another person. I know for a fact that something went down. Not only that, she got a appartment away from base right away with our BAH. Chances are, they are living together. It is obvious she is hiding something from the sailors back at base. She and the sailor she's with know that theyre on the wrongdoing. She also told me that she was invited by this sailor she's been seeing to go with on a vacation with all expenses paid. It's obvious they're going to sleep in the same bed and that nothing is free in this world. Everything has a price. She said that she was going to go with him. I told her not to because we are married and that isn't appropriate. I don't think this behavior is acceptable. I don't know what to do? She will go with him on vacation in about a month. I believe this issue should be look into by someone up in rank. I just don't know who to go to? Who can I talk to about this issue? How can I report her for her and his actions? She is still technically my wife. I don't think they should be allowed to do this. I believe she might wanna start a new life with this sailor she has met. I know that she might wanna file for divorce sometime in the near future. but for the time being, she is still my wife. what can I do about this situation? Who can I contact? What options are available? Private Invetigator? To prove it. Somebody please help. I don't mean to sound like a jerk , but I am really hurt. I have the following symptoms cold sweats, anxiety, panic attacks, high heart rate, and many more health issue do to this situation.

Proserpina

My wife recently came back from deployment on Decmeber 20. She is stationed in Norfolk Va. I currently live in a different state. She says she loves me, but that she has been thinking about someone else. She basically means she's met and is seeing another person. I know for a fact that something went down. Not only that, she got a appartment away from base right away with our BAH. Chances are, they are living together. It is obvious she is hiding something from the sailors back at base. She and the sailor she's with know that theyre on the wrongdoing. She also told me that she was invited by this sailor she's been seeing to go with on a vacation with all expenses paid. It's obvious they're going to sleep in the same bed and that nothing is free in this world. Everything has a price. She said that she was going to go with him. I told her not to because we are married and that isn't appropriate. I don't think this behavior is acceptable. I don't know what to do? She will go with him on vacation in about a month. I believe this issue should be look into by someone up in rank. I just don't know who to go to? Who can I talk to about this issue? How can I report her for her and his actions? She is still technically my wife. I don't think they should be allowed to do this. I believe she might wanna start a new life with this sailor she has met. I know that she might wanna file for divorce sometime in the near future. but for the time being, she is still my wife. what can I do about this situation? Who can I contact? What options are available? Private Invetigator? To prove it. Somebody please help. I don't mean to sound like a jerk , but I am really hurt. I have the following symptoms cold sweats, anxiety, panic attacks, high heart rate, and many more health issue do to this situation.

You can of course report your suspicions to her CO.

But really, you need to file for divorce.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the goal? Does the OP wish to punish his spouse for being a bad girl? If so, then by all means, report to actions to the CO. Does the OP wish to be done with this cheating woman that doesn't love him? If so, then he should get a divorce and move on with his life? Does the OP wish to force the woman in to staying in the marriage and reigniting her love for him? Not going to happen...

Proserpina

What is the goal? Does the OP wish to punish his spouse for being a bad girl? If so, then by all means, report to actions to the CO. Does the OP wish to be done with this cheating woman that doesn't love him? If so, then he should get a divorce and move on with his life? Does the OP wish to force the woman in to staying in the marriage and reigniting her love for him? Not going to happen...

^^^^ LIKE.

(plus 10 more likes!)

xylene

You need to contact your own family law lawyer before you do anything rash. This situation could be leverage to a favorable divorce settlement. You can't do that alone.

You yourself describe your irretrievably broken marriage as nothing more than a technicality.

Hire a lawyer.

Proserpina

You need to contact your own family law lawyer before you do anything rash. This situation could be leverage to a favorable divorce settlement. You can't do that alone.

You yourself describe your irretrievably broken marriage as nothing more than a technicality.

Hire a lawyer.

A tad premature, don't you think? Considering we don't know OP's state?

xylene

Proserpina said:
A tad premature, don't you think? Considering we don't know OP's state?
The use of the conditional could in my post...

Or are you referring to the marriage. I've never been aware of someone who described themselves as technically married, while physically residing in another state to someone they have reasonable suspicion of carrying on a affair as a person not in need of a divorce lawyer, unless they were otherwise OK with that. And the OP is not ok with the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">