• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

National Guard...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Davidzill

California. I am a recent former Marine who joined the guard. My MOS was Infantry in the Marines, but I joined the guard as a 19K(Tanker,its in my contract). Can the guard give me orders to deploy in whatever unit they want in whatever MOS they want? I am affraid it will happen to me soon(already happend to 3 fellow soldiers who didn't fight it). Is this breach of contract? If so could I request an immediate admin sep with a reenlistment code of 1(I plan on going active to become a Navy SEAL as soon as I get my degree).I have been in the guard for over a year and have done nothing related to being a tanker, I haven't even seen an abrams tank. In my 4 years in the Marines I have never seen anything like this...it is absolutely a debacle. I am not some bag of ass who hates the military; I love the military and plan on making a career out of it. I was lied to by my recruiter about tuition assistance, my garunteed MOS, and many other issues, and I have my wife as a witness to his lies. If I get orders to deploy as say a cook or infantry, could I take this up with the Inspector General or maybe a Senator like Barbra Boxer? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vendictive

~~~~~

um!!! talk to your commander .........and they can deploye you and re train u..myabe they send you to cuba

Davidzill said:
California. I am a recent former Marine who joined the guard. My MOS was Infantry in the Marines, but I joined the guard as a 19K(Tanker,its in my contract). Can the guard give me orders to deploy in whatever unit they want in whatever MOS they want? I am affraid it will happen to me soon(already happend to 3 fellow soldiers who didn't fight it). Is this breach of contract? If so could I request an immediate admin sep with a reenlistment code of 1(I plan on going active to become a Navy SEAL as soon as I get my degree).I have been in the guard for over a year and have done nothing related to being a tanker, I haven't even seen an abrams tank. In my 4 years in the Marines I have never seen anything like this...it is absolutely a debacle. I am not some bag of ass who hates the military; I love the military and plan on making a career out of it. I was lied to by my recruiter about tuition assistance, my garunteed MOS, and many other issues, and I have my wife as a witness to his lies. If I get orders to deploy as say a cook or infantry, could I take this up with the Inspector General or maybe a Senator like Barbra Boxer? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not too sure but I think that if you are in the guard or reserve under a new AFSC. You can still be deployed in your previous AFSC. As long as you are still up to date on your certs and training.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">