• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

National Guard AWOL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkttrill

What is the name of your state? MN
My friend is a member of the National Guard and went AWOL from AIT. She plans to wait until she has dropped from the rolls to turn herself in. Does she have to turn herself in to FT. Sill? What kind of info should she know before proceeding?

acmb05

Why do people

kkttrill said:
What is the name of your state? MN
My friend is a member of the National Guard and went AWOL from AIT. She plans to wait until she has dropped from the rolls to turn herself in. Does she have to turn herself in to FT. Sill? What kind of info should she know before proceeding?
Even bother to enlist if they dont plan on finishing. She made it thru basic and was in school so what was the problem? Why did she go awol?

The info she needs to know is that after 30 days she is no longer just AWOL but is then considered a deserter.

R

revere787

friend awol

she was in ait, she has not even completed it her training. Most likely she will be discharged. THey have an " entry level seperation ", that she could receive. call the g.i rights hotline at 1-800-394-9544. Tell them her situation and they can advise on what to do. Now remember, the army is the u.s govt, they can do what they want, but the fact she has not even finished ait, they will most likely just administratively discharge her. Call the number above. You do not need to be specific as far as your friends name when you call them, but tell them the truth as far as what happend exactly. They are peace activist on your side, not the military's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">