• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

National Guard Awol Again!!!!!!!!!!! HEELPPP!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeyers0121

well im awol in the national guard right now as well and i was researching around and stumbled apon this site

well, when i got out of basic i alreay knew i wasnt going to report, i knew i wanted out 2 weeks into basic but basically from what i say an observed their was no way out in basic so i played their games and got out when i was supposed to.

i talked to my 1st sergeant a couple days ago and he told me i had til may 17th to report or a warrent goes out for my arrest

so im on the same boat, i dont know what to do. i just want to get out and try to fix my life that got so ****ed up from joining.

why cant i just do that? WHY?

cmeyers0121

well im awol in the national guard right now as well and i was researching around and stumbled apon this site

well, when i got out of basic i alreay knew i wasnt going to report, i knew i wanted out 2 weeks into basic but basically from what i say an observed their was no way out in basic so i played their games and got out when i was supposed to.

i talked to my 1st sergeant a couple days ago and he told me i had til may 17th to report or a warrent goes out for my arrest

so im on the same boat, i dont know what to do. i just want to get out and try to fix my life that got so ****ed up from joining.

cvdesign

First of all, Basic isn't a "game" -- believe it or not, it's a carefully crafted regimen meant to teach you to be a part of a team -- to not be solely concerned with your own well-being, but those of others in your group ... And Basic is meant to suck. It's meant to destroy you as an individual and rebuild you as a "team player."

My hubby (ex-VaARNG Company Commander -- resigned his commission since we moved over 1000 miles away from his base) HATED Basic & OTC ... hated it with all of his fiber and being. Granted, he was an officer (and probably had more perks afterwards), but he found the whole experience (all 14 years) to a good one once he got past the training. He made great friends, had "adventures" that few people can ever claim (NTC sure helped make sure of THAT, LOL! We were washing TG out of his uniform for months afterward!!), and he sincerely believes that he was the better for it.

My point, while not really addressing your question, is mainly to go along with it as long as you need to ... do your best to find an "out" WHILE you're in (and reporting)!! Don't just take what looks like the easy way (going AWoL) out only to find that you've ruined your life!

I don't mean to make light of your situation -- I know that it's difficult and that you felt that you had a good reason to go AWoL -- the military isn't for everyone ... but committing a crime and ruining your life and your reputation (and a dishonorable discharge RUINS your life!! Especially if you ever want to have a career that's even remotely related to the government) is not the way to go!

If you don't mind me asking, what state are you in? If you choose not to answer, I understand!

Best of luck to you!!!

I

iwentawol

i know that this reply is long overdue but its been god 15 months now since i went awol and i have received some ngb forms in the mail transfering me from my home unit that i was supposed to report to after basic and ait, to my basic training unit that i left from. sep authority is DFR and i have NO federal Warrant! so should i just forget that this ever happened? in my mind theres a very high probability ill be sent to one of the 2 PCF's depending on where i turn myself in if i ever do, but do i really have to i mean no ones even come looking. called. or sent something in the mail to my next of kin. I guess i was such a pain in the rear they forgot about me?

what is the name of your state? tx

How do you know that you don't have a warrant? Is there a legal question you had or is this your way of cleansing your conscience. Sooner or later this will all catch up with you. You can either take care of it on your terms or the governments, the choice is all yours.

I

iwentawol

im going to face it now, im tired of looking over my shoulder ill be heading to the PCF in the next day so i got a shot of getn out on friday.

MNSGT

Nation Guard Full Timer Advise

I work full time as an Admin NCO for the MNARNG and I know quite a bit about people going awol as we deal with it every month. It really depends on your chain of command. They can make it extremely painful or just say see ya your out.

But if you leave and dont come back you will eventually be discharged without even knowing it. I've seen this happen a few times. Dont listen to people who tell you that you will have a warrant out for your arrest because you wont. No is going to bother looking for you either.

The downside is if you received any part of your bonus or have military gear you will come across that issue at a later time. your whole bonus will be recouped and you will be charged full price for whatever gear you have. It's not going to be a bill in the mail either. You will eventually see it show up on your taxes at the end of a year. I've had people call me and say they had a 20,000 dollar debt on their taxes from the military when they got out 10 years prior.

So no one will really come looking for you. You will get a general discharge which turns into a other than honorable discharge after 6 months (which qualifies you to re-join if ever wanted). But depending on if you've received parts of your bonus or you have military gear it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

beengone

heres my question if you are gone as long as this guy is and your chain of command just doesnt report you for awol for some time, what would happen if that cadre moved out and say they just sent you back what would happen?

becase act ive been gone for a year, and i dont have a warrant either. Havent tried pcf yet though.

-beengone

poulacki

They will place a warrant for your arest

The grass always looks greener on the other side, with one connsideration, you still have to take care of it. Jusr remember one thing " Every action has a concequence" good or bad. Do not assume. I am sure you know what assume means. One in a million chance a person will be that lucky not to have a warrant. My son while awaiting for his medical discharge got tired and went awol. When he got home he find out they placed a warrant for his arest. Don't make the same Big mistake. It is not a Joke. What is that soooo bad making you crazy to destroy your future?????? Why?? Why??? Why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">