• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

National Guard w/RE4

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

52nempwv

What is the name of your state?VA
Quick question for all you Guardsmen out there. I was an USN 0-2E SWO who got a General (Under Honorable Conditions) and RE-4 from the Navy for fraternization (fell in love with a girl who wore the wrong color uniform). We're both out now and married, but I still am a patriot and was wondering if there was any way I could my serve in the guard? If so, what would I be eligible for in terms of rank, etc...

Thanks in advance...

T

thepizzaguy

52nempwv said:
What is the name of your state?VA
Quick question for all you Guardsmen out there. I was an USN 0-2E SWO who got a General (Under Honorable Conditions) and RE-4 from the Navy for fraternization (fell in love with a girl who wore the wrong color uniform). We're both out now and married, but I still am a patriot and was wondering if there was any way I could my serve in the guard? If so, what would I be eligible for in terms of rank, etc...

Thanks in advance...
What do you mean by the wrong uniform? I would bet dollars to donuts you could join with the waivers and such they have today. The NG is taking just about anybody now a days. Have you spoke with a recruiter?

I hope someone elso contributes to this thread I would love to see how this can turn out.

DRTDEVL

More important then the RE-Code is the separation code.

The Navy classifies many discharges as an RE-4, when other services would have given an RE-3. You will need a waiver at a minimum, but you need to find out if it was equivalent to an RE-3 discharge from the Army first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">