• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lurchumz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.

Heres the story.... I signed my army reserve delayed entry papers in november of 1999 at the age of 17. I was only a junior in highschool so had to go to basic training in the summer of 2000. I attended it and all was well. I then had to go back to school to finish 12th grade and get my diploma. I was suppossed to attend drill one weekend a month while still in school. I ended up not going to a single drill, mainly bc my parents didnt care if i went or not, so i basically (not using my crappy upbringing as an excuse) didnt really care that i didnt go. Well before my senior year started, i was scheduled to return to AIT almost immediatly after i graduated. long story short, i didnt go. Dont recall the reason i didnt, but i didnt. The strange and astonishing part to me now is that i dont recall ever being contacted by anyone about my failure to report to drills or AIT for that matter. Its almost as if i never existed. Anyway, ive read some other posts and came to the conclusion i may have a warrent out on me by the government. Hears where it gets weird though. Ive been wrongly accused and arrested on a very serious charge, went through a trial by jury and was found not guilty on all the charges i was charged with. Ive also been pulled over 2 times, and have had two basic background checks done on me. I was even audited by the IRS once. Through all that i have not even came close to hearing my name and being AWOL in the same sentence. After 13 years i pretty much spent 11 of them without the thought of this in my mind. I recently decided after 8 years at my current job that it was time i look elsewhere for employment. I have a few freinds who work in a federal prison who claim they can have a good influence in getting me hired. So my real question is, should i even put on the app that i was even involved in the military? Should i just turn myself into an army unit and put this to rest for good? I mean 13 years is a long time. In retrospect i probably should have gone through with it, but i do not have any regrets that i never went back. I am not a coward and will do what it takes to resolve this, if there is even anything to resolve. Basically i was young and dumb with no guidence in life. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Lurchumz

It is possible they never followed through, because you never affirmed the contract upon reaching the age of 18.

I was kindof thinking something like that might of happened. Even when i was finished basic and all that i was still 17. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experience with my situation. Is there a way i can find out? A phone number? Online database? Bc i really want to apply for this job and i dont want to lie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">