• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help! Someone is about to get what she doesn't deserve!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fevoman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

When I was in the service (army) me and another soldier hung out after work. well her husband, who they are not together and he moved back home before we hung out, didn't like the fact that she had a male friend. Our unit place a no contact order on the two of us bc he kept calling and complaining, he is 5 states away doing whatever. Now I'm out ,6 months now, and they found out she has hung out with me. They are pushing dor an artical 15! Does this no contact order even legal in the first place before I was out? Now that I'm out they can't make her not see a civilian person right? we are not doing anything always but just dot want her getting an article 15!:mad:

The one that pushed for it, other than the husband, wanted her in that way, by the way he was a E-5 she is a E-4, and seen she was hanging out with a soldier he pushed for the no contact for the husband

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this matter does not involve you - it involves the service-member who has disobeyed orders.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

When I was in the service (army) me and another soldier hung out after work. well her husband, who they are not together and he moved back home before we hung out, didn't like the fact that she had a male friend. Our unit place a no contact order on the two of us bc he kept calling and complaining, he is 5 states away doing whatever. Now I'm out ,6 months now, and they found out she has hung out with me. They are pushing dor an artical 15! Does this no contact order even legal in the first place before I was out? Now that I'm out they can't make her not see a civilian person right? we are not doing anything always but just dot want her getting an article 15!:mad:

The one that pushed for it, other than the husband, wanted her in that way, by the way he was a E-5 she is a E-4, and seen she was hanging out with a soldier he pushed for the no contact for the husband

A 15 is a heckuva lot better than a CM.

She is MARRIED and the perception is obviously that she's committing adultery. She needs to talk to her JAG attorney.

Proserpina

Sorry, this matter does not involve you - it involves the service-member who has disobeyed orders.

Well there's that, too.

And as an afterthought, she might want to seriously consider taking the 15. It's nowhere near as damaging than a CM which may result in DD or OTH.

Fevoman

A 15 is a heckuva lot better than a CM.

She is MARRIED and the perception is obviously that she's committing adultery. She needs to talk to her JAG attorney.
Adultery?! How we haven't done anything we are friends! So your telling me bc I'm a male she can't hang out with me?! Before he left he didn't care that we where friends now he is just jealous. Your also telling me they can stop her from hanging out with a civilian? This is the reson why I got out to damn controlling!

Zigner

Adultery?! How we haven't done anything we are friends! So your telling me bc I'm a male she can't hang out with me?!
Nope, she isn't supposed to hang out with you because she was ordered to not hang out with you.
Before he left he didn't care that we where friends now he is just jealous. Your also telling me they can stop her from hanging out with a civilian? This is the reson why I got out to damn controlling!
Oh goodie.

Fevoman

It does involve me bc we have been friends for a long long time! The order is bullsh$&5! So your telling me if your husband/wife left you and then got jealous that you had a opposite sex friend the military can say no you can't see that person even though they ARE NOT in the service?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Adultery?! How we haven't done anything we are friends! So your telling me bc I'm a male she can't hang out with me?! Before he left he didn't care that we where friends now he is just jealous. Your also telling me they can stop her from hanging out with a civilian? This is the reson why I got out to damn controlling!
The military CAN control who their soldiers hang out with. The same way they controlled, or attempted to control, for many years, what sexual orientation their soldiers were or were perceived to be. The military doesn't care about your feelings. They care about soldiers following orders. She was ordered to have NO CONTACT with you. She has disobeyed that. That is a problem.

Proserpina

It does involve me bc we have been friends for a long long time! The order is bullsh$&5! So your telling me if your husband/wife left you and then got jealous that you had a opposite sex friend the military can say no you can't see that person even though they ARE NOT in the service?

You're not understanding.

She was ORDERED to have no contact with you. The military life is NOT the same as civilian life - you should know this.

She broke the order, and now she's looking at trouble.

(It is admittedly laughable that someone joins up and then complains that the military is too controlling. Seriously)

And legally this isn't your business. It's hers. And she needs to do what was advised.

Fevoman

I don't mean to offend you two just I think it's crap. I mean to have that much power to stop two friends that have been friends for a really long time from seeing each other. Well I mean they can stop her but not me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't mean to offend you two just I think it's crap. I mean to have that much power to stop two friends that have been friends for a really long time from seeing each other. Well I mean they can stop her but not me.
Yeah they can stop her. And if you persist in contact, they can penalize HER for the contact. Some friend you are. You care more about your wants and wishes than about your friend's career. Nice attitude.

Fevoman

Yeah they can stop her. And if you persist in contact, they can penalize HER for the contact. Some friend you are. You care more about your wants and wishes than about your friend's career. Nice attitude.
Ok i understand the fact but one last question and I'll leave it at that.... Let's say she gets a divorce, which is in the works, and we get married , again not going to happen but we have been friends before she joined, what do they do then kick her out? To me it's just nothing behind the order that should have made it. Like he just got mad and called and said I don't like them hanging out, by the way exact words. Sorry for stupid I'm just letting my emotions of losing a best friend over this stuff!

Sorry if some of it doesnt make sense I'm on my phone.

Last edited:

Proserpina

You're gravely mistaken. SHE can be penalized for YOU contacting her.

I'm not being snarky, but you weren't in long were you? :confused:

Silverplum

Ok i understand the fact but one last question and I'll leave it at that.... Let's say she gets a divorce, which is in the works, and we get married , again not going to happen but we have been friends before she joined, what do they do then kick her out? To me it's just nothing behind the order that should have made it. Like he just got mad and called and said I don't like them hanging out, by the way exact words. Sorry for stupid I'm just letting my emotions of losing a best friend over this stuff!
Obviously, you two are overly "involved" for one of you being married to someone ELSE.

We don't "do" hypothetical questions.

Zigner

How are you "losing" your best friend? Is she going to be in the military forever?

And, beyond that, you are asking for answers to hypothetical questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">