• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no other place to turn for answers..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

a13FOXtrot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I know this may sound like a broken record, but I have been researching the topic and have read some of the advise given and wondered if you guys can help... I am an E-5 in the LAARNG... I just returned from a deployment in Iraq in December with a unit I have been with for 5 years. Upon return they split our guys up and sent us in different directions to our "home units".needless to say, on top of dealing with the issues of losing my brothers of 5 years, I was expected to travel 3 hours to drill. I am dealing with PTSD issues that the VA says "I don't qualify for treatment" ( sleepless nights, flashing lights, thoughts of putting on uniform brings anxiety, and quit my job in law enforcement of 5 years, that i loved before i left, but I'm normal right?) While in Iraq, I observed some things that I am not particularly "ok with" and My attitude towards "my job" has changed... My question is this...I have 9 months left to my contract and I am fine with not having a "good year" I am 35yrs old , did my tour, didn't agree with it and want to forget about the whole thing. I happens if I don't go to monthly drills, what is it that can happen? I was the "perfect soldier" before i was deployed, but things changed. I tried to talk to my Old unit, they refer me to the new unit, and I have no clue of who is in command or where they are. If I go to that place for drill, I am losing out on money from
my civilian job and my family suffers...hasn't a year of suffering been enough for them? I am not in it for the college money or retirement.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">