• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other than honorable discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajones0728

Served 5 years US Navy was Discharged Other Than Honorable after serving 6 days Bread and water for oversleeping and having difficulty remaining awake what can I do to get this changed? this was 9 years ago

objetora

Discharge upgrades

Discharge upgrades are not easy but neither are they impossible. If you've established a good civilian during those nine years, that can help. There are organizations that help veterans with discharge upgrades; one is called "Swords to Plowshares" and you can easily find them by searching for that on the web. Applications to the Discharge Review Board must be made with 15 years of discharge.

Last edited:

ERAUPIKE

Discharge upgrades are not easy but neither are they impossible. If you've established a good civilian during those nine years, that can help. There are organizations that help veterans with discharge upgrades; one is called "Swords to Plowshares" and you can easily find them by searching for that on the web. Applications to the Discharge Review Board must be made with 15 years of discharge.
Incorrect, your actions as a civilian have no bearing on your actions that resulted in your OTH discharge. This is a myth that has been passed on for years. You will not receive an upgrade to your discharge unless you can prove it has been given in error or it was given unjustly.

Rajones0728

ok

Eurapike I dont mean to burst your bubble but why dont you look at the UCMJ and see how many days of bread and water can be served Consecutiverly? I have and I know my rights were violated. Im looking for help and you enjoy insulting and demeaning people.Plus I have no criminal history . Im looking to not only get my disharged changed but to also be reinstated if possible

Last edited:

ERAUPIKE

Eurapike I dont mean to burst your bubble but why dont you look at the UCMJ and see how many days of bread and water can be served Consecutiverly? I have and I know my rights were violated. Im looking for help and you enjoy insulting and demeaning people.Plus I have no criminal history . Im looking to not only get my disharged changed but to also be reinstated if possible
What part of Article 15 was violated when you were punished?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rajones0728

if imposed upon a person attached to or embarked in a vessel, confinement on bread and water or diminished rations for not more than three consecutive days; according to article 15 section 2a I served 6 consecutive days that was a violation of my rights and The UCMJ

ERAUPIKE

if imposed upon a person attached to or embarked in a vessel, confinement on bread and water or diminished rations for not more than three consecutive days; according to article 15 section 2a I served 6 consecutive days that was a violation of my rights and The UCMJ
How was I supposed to know you were underway?

So you claim that you were put on bread and water for six days, that may have violated article 15 but it does not change the reason you were sent to mast in the first place. You were late and sleeping on watch. Those are two very serious offenses that you have yet to take responsibility for. The board cannot legally change your RE code, you will not be allowed to re-enlist. Your discharge was not given unjustly or in error, you will not receive an upgrade.

Rajones0728

I was not asleep on watch for one for two get more information before you assume I was seeking medical help to solve the problem which was ignored by The CO also I have the medical Paperwork from the Brig admission which is required for any any service member put on Bread and water and calling my problem is just insulting instead of being understanding and looking for ways to help you automatically type the worse things you can against people that post in here which makes me wonder if you are a former service member that screwed up got thrown out of the military and cant get your own discharged changed and wants everybody else that wants to get theirs fixed doubt that it will do them any good to try
I talked to the Veteran affairs officer today in his office and he says I can get my discharge upgraded most likely to a medical disharge which doesnt get me back in but is a huge improvement compared to what it is now

DRTDEVL

I was not asleep on watch for one for two get more information before you assume I was seeking medical help to solve the problem which was ignored by The CO also I have the medical Paperwork from the Brig admission which is required for any any service member put on Bread and water and calling my problem is just insulting instead of being understanding and looking for ways to help you automatically type the worse things you can against people that post in here which makes me wonder if you are a former service member that screwed up got thrown out of the military and cant get your own discharged changed and wants everybody else that wants to get theirs fixed doubt that it will do them any good to try
English owns you I think that was possibly the longest run on sentence I have ever seen in the history of the world and I can't even come up with a run on sentence long enough to match that one even while trying my best to do so so my advice would be to take some English composition classes before you even think of filing any paperwork for upgrade.

ERAUPIKE

English owns you I think that was possibly the longest run on sentence I have ever seen in the history of the world and I can't even come up with a run on sentence long enough to match that one even while trying my best to do so so my advice would be to take some English composition classes before you even think of filing any paperwork for upgrade.
Nice DRTDEVL, IWhat part of having trouble staying awake got you discharged?

Rajones0728

A I said give advice quit degrading people posting about my punctuation thast really petty and saying I need to get in touch with reality is just childish. What makes you so sure my discharge wont be upgraded? Im having a lawyer do the paperwork if you want to know my service officer was a Legalman when he was active so my paperwork for appeal will be done properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">