• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please replay need info car towed and action on deployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fuller101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia I was activated and deployed I locked my car and left it parked at my apartments (still paid rent ) the tag expired (deployed 12months) the apartments had the car towed a d the towing company sold the car I don't even own the car making payments on it. Is this legal ???

davidmcbeth3

Your tags would have likely been OK, most states allow active servicemen to have their tags be expired and then have like 30 days to get them back up after returning. (chk your statues to be sure).

So the tow may have been wrong. Now the tow company sold it to recover storage fees.

I don't know if you have a claim against anyone though. The tow company had no idea of your service.

Who ordered the tow? Did you inform the LL of your deployment? Who lived in the apt?

Fuller101

Thing I deal with for helping my country

I was paying on the apartment no one stayed in it when I was deployed didnt want to have the headache of storage and stuff I will check on the tag ruling on expired tag on deployment in Georgia
So do they have to contact the owner company I make car payment to before they sale the car wow never would have though this could happen and I'm sure they made a profit of the car nice car smh :confused:

Silverplum

Thing I deal with for helping my country
No, it's what you're dealing with because you didn't arrange proper storage for your vehicle.

Fuller101 said:
I was paying on the apartment no one stayed in it when I was deployed didnt want to have the headache of storage and stuff
That's the headache for not dealing with a garage or whatever it took to store your valuables.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">