• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy Discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alc102

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I currently am 35 weeks pregnant and am in the reserves. I am single and have been given the pregnancy counseling and decided to discharge being I cannot come up with a family care plan.
I filled out my pregnancy discharge papers in October. Also in October I received a letter from my commander stating I have been given my options and to choose which one I wanted. The pregnancy discharge was not listed so I contacted my UA who said they "forgot to type it in but to write it in" . I faxed over the paper that day because she said they would process my paperwork that week.
It is 30 days to my due date and I have yet to receive anything. When I called the UA she said she never received my paper I faxed, which I know she did because I received two confirmations from the fax machine that it was sent, and I saved them. She conviently happened to process the paperwork that day and told me to wait for my orders.
My unit is in West Virginia and 2 hours from my house. I received a phone call saying I was suppose to go to drill until I received my orders. I called back and explained that I am within a month of my due date and that I am not comfortable driving two hours at five a.m. to go to drill, it was family day anyways this drill. I also stated that I was at the doctors and have all my medical records because it is looking like the baby will come earlier that what is expceted. The srgt told me not to worry about it but then calls back the next day wanting dates that I will make up drill!? If i didnt go this weekend because of being so close what makes them think I will go even sooner to my due date or after the baby is born?
I am curious on my rights to a pregnancy discharge because I have a feeling they are trying to pull one over me. The UA did nothing when it came to filling out my school work and I had to file a congressional after months of her constantly telling me she was doing it. I think she has it in for me and thats why she put my paperwork off. What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I currently am 35 weeks pregnant and am in the reserves. I am single and have been given the pregnancy counseling and decided to discharge being I cannot come up with a family care plan.
I filled out my pregnancy discharge papers in October. Also in October I received a letter from my commander stating I have been given my options and to choose which one I wanted. The pregnancy discharge was not listed so I contacted my UA who said they "forgot to type it in but to write it in" . I faxed over the paper that day because she said they would process my paperwork that week.
It is 30 days to my due date and I have yet to receive anything. When I called the UA she said she never received my paper I faxed, which I know she did because I received two confirmations from the fax machine that it was sent, and I saved them. She conviently happened to process the paperwork that day and told me to wait for my orders.
My unit is in West Virginia and 2 hours from my house. I received a phone call saying I was suppose to go to drill until I received my orders. I called back and explained that I am within a month of my due date and that I am not comfortable driving two hours at five a.m. to go to drill, it was family day anyways this drill. I also stated that I was at the doctors and have all my medical records because it is looking like the baby will come earlier that what is expceted. The srgt told me not to worry about it but then calls back the next day wanting dates that I will make up drill!? If i didnt go this weekend because of being so close what makes them think I will go even sooner to my due date or after the baby is born?
I am curious on my rights to a pregnancy discharge because I have a feeling they are trying to pull one over me. The UA did nothing when it came to filling out my school work and I had to file a congressional after months of her constantly telling me she was doing it. I think she has it in for me and thats why she put my paperwork off. What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Put this link in your browser click enter:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/military-law-92/fyi-important-telephone-numbers-military-awolers-deserters-379094.html

A vast amount of free resources for your use!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">