• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about ART 15 and filling out application for employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SammieK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS/VA

I was in the military and when I was in the military I got a ART 15. The ART 15 was technically "family member abuse under 16." All of that sounds bad but I couldn't explain some bruises on a family member and got the ART 15. I did what most people do and that was accept the ART 15. Fast forward 3 years. I am applying for a position working as a military contract employee on a installation and there is a question that reads "Have you ever been arrested for or charged with a crime involving a child?" I understand that a article 15 is not a conviction but is it considered a charge or an arrest? I have had a fed background check ran on me before and that did show up with the disposition and everything. It was not a problem getting into my health care program, but they did review it to ensure it was not a conviction. They were looking for the same thing to see if it qualified as a crime against a child (felony or convicton). I also have to fill out an SF 86 and need to know how to answer that question as well. I know there is one on there similiar to it. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">